No announcement yet.

Well, the surgery is Finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is Linda...again! I have been home a few weeks now, and progress is being made daily. I still have a long way to go, which is sometimes depressing (I keep comparing myself to others...not a good thing). I am off my pain meds (for the most part), but have many aches that won't go away at night. I am walking further and further each day and am finally getting away from the house for a while every couple of days, which helps the depression. Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. Please keep them up, as I keep the prayers going for all of you, and keep praying for my wonderful family who is completely supporting me. Linda

Comment

Wow, Linda, you are doing great!!! Congratulations on all the progress you are making... I'm blown away that you are already off pain meds... my op was a month before yours,and i still dont want to get too far away from mine, although i only take one or two a day. Yesterday i woke up feeling great, cooked and cleaned up after breakfast, mopped the floor (bad idea) and wrapped the last-minute gifts before heading out to our Christmas gathering.... Boyy was i hurting by the time i got there!!! I also find that i am emotional now more than i used to be.
      Anyway, i am very proud of you and your recovery effort.... Keep up the great work, that old depression will get less and less as you go along... and the nights eventually won't seem so long and painful.
      Hang in there, hon, it' only gonna get better from here!

Comment

Congrats on the continuing progress. I too get emotional sometimes, but take pride in the little everyday victories. Still a long way from normal, but better than I thought I'd be. Don't compare, just do the best with what you can, and that is plenty enough!
        Meg is Spinewhine
        31 years old with thoracic curve
        Wore Boston brace as teenager, but curve continued to progress.
        Surgery on 12/13/2005 with correction from over 55 degrees to under 25 degrees. (Ya baby!)

The nitty gritty at:
        http://spinewhine.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. I wish I could get up and clean and wash dishes (not the moping, though, I already know about that!), but am definately doing better each day. As for the pain meds, you keep taking them as long as you need them. I have been used to pain all my life, and developed a habit of ignoring it, so it was easier for me to get off the meds earlier. I'm not super woman or anything, just used to it. Thanks also for the words about being "emotional". It is difficult for me to be "boo-hooey" as my husband calls it. Linda

Comment

Linda,
            Glad to hear you're doing well. The emotional part of recovery was by far the toughest part for me. I was expecting the physical part, but not the emotional toll it all can take. I would cry at the drop of a hat and I am not a crier. It does get better as you see more and more improvement and soon the little things that frustrate you become second nature and you don't even think about them anymore.

Happy Holidays!

Comment

Working...
            X