No announcement yet.

cutting toenails post-fusion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im fused and i now have no problem cutting my toe nails or shaving my legs. for the first bit after surgery, i would have to have my mom do these things for me, but once i was able to fuction correctly, i was able to do them by myself agian.
    18 year old female
    scoliosis curve of 50-60 degrees
    corrective surgery done at age 12( 2001), first surgery a screw went through a vertebra, was then closed up and then re-opened two days later.
    After second surgery, fusion was a success.
    Rods, hooks, and screws put in.
    Fall of 2004 in volleyball, fractured three vertebra's, on June 2nd, 2005 surgery was completed to fix that, old rods were taken out and replaced by stronger ones.

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the advice!

Thanks for all the great info! I can't believe that I didn't think that would be an issue! I'll also have to look into the 'curly fry' shoelaces and the shoehorn from IKEA- thank you so much everyone!

Comment

hi crooked spine

i was wondrin how a brace feels i was diognosed for a brace on tues. so i need tips bad if u have any.
        needs a milwakee brace in about 2 weeks

I am 13

I live in Kentucky

LOVE rap and hip-hop!

35 degree curve

Comment

hi lcampos

i was wondrin how you got by with all the treat ments 4 scoliosis?

I am 13

I live in Kentucky

LOVE rap and hip-hop!

35 degree curve

Comment

In order to live with a minimum pain those with fusions has to learn how to live with this condition, how to move, how to dry their feet, how to cut toenails, how to sleep properly, how to lift some weight, one must know the anatomy of the spine, a lot of information. I learn this at http://www.painreliefadvisor.com
            Last edited by lcampos; 10-23-2005, 10:14 AM.

Comment

funny

thank you for replying i am really scared what was your brace like?

I am 13

I live in Kentucky

LOVE rap and hip-hop!

35 degree curve

Comment

Working...
              X