No announcement yet.

Questions- pre-op, post-op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for asking and answering that question. As my surgery gets closer and closer (1 month out), I find myself awake at night asking these questions. I needed to hear the worst, also. I like to expect the worst, hope for the best, and accept what happens.

Comment

After the surgery

Again, thanks for all the advice. I was asking about the button-down shirts because I assumed that if you can't raise your arms above your head for 3 months, that would limit what you could wear. My surgery is scheduled for Feb, and I live in upstate NY, so it'll still be chilly for awhile. It would be great to be able to wear turtlenecks and sweaters!

Comment

Thinking the same thing...

As I am awaiting possible surgery in the spring, I've been wondering what clothing will be suitable, too. Somewhere I read that button-down shirts were the most easy thing to wear as you can't or shouldn't raise your arms. What is the consensus here? I realize this is not most major concern here. This is pretty minor. I live in northern Arizona and usually wear turtleneck or warm sweaters in the winter.
        Thanks Everyone!
        CSC
        Idiopathic Scoliosis; Wore a Milwaukee brace; Told by physician it would not progress
        S curve; Surgery date: January 29, 2008!!

Comment

Working...
        X