7 weeks post-op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heidi,

So sorry to hear you have to go back in. Hopefully it will be a breeze in relation to the first one. I will be thinking of you! Take care and let us know how you feel afterwards.

Laura
    30y/o
    Upper curve around 55
    Lower curve around 35

Comment

OH , So sorry about the setback

Hiedi,
      I can't believe it, You've had enough surgeries!!! Sounds like just a small adjustment, to help prevent a larger one..Thank goodness your surgeon was on top of the issue and did not take the situation lightly..Your in good hands..I hope the surgery goes smoothly, and you bounce back quickly..I'll be thinking about you.....
      CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
      fused T4 -L3
      Hip graft
      Grown 1 1/2 inches
      25/o upper T 15/o
      53/o T 15/o
      37/o L 6/o
      Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
      New York City

August 6, 2004
      Pulmonary Embolism
      complication from surgery

January 2007 currently
      increasing pain at the T4/5
      point irratation heardwear

Comment

I'm back from my infection surgery and it turned out to be the best-case scenario - a bit of tissue that was not fighting off or absorbing normal bacteria. Apparently, our bodies have bacteria throughout and our immune systems usually fights it off, but in this one particular spot, mine wasn't fighting it off but was building it up. T

he internal stitches are fine and the infection had not spread at all. In fact, I was released from the hospital later that same afternoon. The doctor did send a culture of the tissue to the lab just to be safe. I'm feeling good after 2 days of sleeping and my back still feels as fine as it did pre-surgery.

Thanks so much for your thoughts and encouragement!

Comment

Great to hear! May i ask you where and what doctor did your original surgery?

Comment

Heidi, I'm SO glad! Yay. Now you can relax into your recovery without too much worry. Hope things continue to go smoothly. Thinking of you, Laura
            30y/o
            Upper curve around 55
            Lower curve around 35

Comment

Working...
            X