No announcement yet.

Why surgeons are not recommending Vbs/Vbt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emily is sure busy, I wish to reply this but I'll wait.. she dos not need nobody defending her (as others here) so by now I'll wait.. anyway is enough clear I was right when I said that they had fair reasons to block him..
    Last edited by flerc; 02-03-2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardis View Post
      Wow. This thread is going crazy.

I haven't even read all the comments over here.

This is my assessment:
      - knowledge is power so it may be a justifying reason to restrict access to it.
      - you don't fool me, keeping knowledge private is a form of selfishness
      - there is a lot of bad-science over there, so we can't call it science. Publish or perish as they say, so much publishing is just garbage.
      - science is a collaborative effort

I will not notify Emily about this, she has a very much honest group where to be and fortunately for her, she has not any need to be here.
      Richards, the requirements to be a member are clear reasonable and fair. If you are not interested in Vbt for you or your sons you are rejected. There is nothing wrong in those requirements really so you cannot be angry if you don't comply them. If you don't say that you have interest in having Vbt in your lumbar zone, something a priori possible, and also don't have scoliotic sons, of course you are rejected.
      Emily is a good person and Vbt is a good group. You are shooting against the wrong person and the wrong scoliosis site.
      Last edited by flerc; 02-03-2017, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardis View Post
        I am afraid it was me. Do you think I am a clickbaiter, a spammer or a troll? If you are afraid of that you can block me so I cannot understand your admission policy. It seems that your forum has acceptance rates that are narrower than ivy-league's schools. I only said I did not want to disclose my real facebook profile. And I explained you the reasons.
        I am afraid that it would be the same for me. IF I applied to a group like VBT it would be under an alias as Facebook finds a way to start linking up people and the majority of my Facebook Friends do not know about my scoliosis and neither would I want them too.

I can understand a group being closed to avoid spammers but surely any one who has an interest should be accepted?. If their behaviour from that point is unacceptable then they can be blocked. But challenging in a polite was should always be acceptable. We live in a scary imperfect world- I would have thought the group would need all the exposure it can get. And it is difficult to express clearly sometimes one's intentions using social media Flerc is an example of this = he says some strange things in some unfortunate English but unless someone constantly is abusive, I cannot see the point of banning them. It smacks a bit of being 'power mad' - losing site of the real mission of a such a site which is to help people with valuable advice! I think you should accept Richards ...

Comment

• Originally posted by burdle View Post
          I think you should accept Richards ...
          Based on their stated membership criteria, Richard has much more standing to be in the group than does Flerc. Richard is a patient with an unfused lumbar. Besides kids, that is the one adult case that should be a no-brainer for relevance. Flerc does not have scoliosis and his adult daughter has rejected surgery. Why was he allowed in? It seems they are being inconsistent.
          Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
          Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

• If you believe to be all of you famous people so famous that everyone must to know everything about your lifes, at least you should to give your right name. If you don't say why you accomplishs the requirements nobody may imagine it. If Richards would have said that he is thinking in having Vbt in his unfused zone, sure he would be now a member

Comment

• Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
              Based on their stated membership criteria, Richard has much more standing to be in the group than does Flerc. Richard is a patient with an unfused lumbar. Besides kids, that is the one adult case that should be a no-brainer for relevance. Flerc does not have scoliosis and his adult daughter has rejected surgery. Why was he allowed in? It seems they are being inconsistent.
              Continue lying, defaming, confusing, promoting fusion and all what is clear for anyone you came to do here, anyway.. you know this forum protects you (here).. of course it has not any sense to requires you again (as I allways do and you never accept) to delete all those lies and is not necessary .. people are not stupid as you seems to believe.
              Last edited by flerc; 02-04-2017, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by flerc View Post
                Continue lying, defaming, confusing, promoting fusion and all what you came to do here, anyway.. you know this forum protects you (here).. of course it has not any sense to requires you to delete all those lies and is not necessary .. people are not stupid as you seems to believe.
                I did not lie. If I am mistaken, point it out and I will apologize and delete the incorrect statement. List the false statements about either Richard or you that you think I made please.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Richard has much more standing to be in the group than does Flerc.his adult daughter has rejected surgery. It seems they are being inconsistent.

Comment

Flerc does NOT fall under any of these categories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burdle View Post
                      Flerc is an example of this = he says some strange things in some unfortunate English but unless someone constantly is abusive, I cannot see the point of banning them. It smacks a bit of being 'power mad' - losing site of the real mission of a such a site which is to help people with valuable advice! I think you should accept Richards ...
                      Wich are the strange things I said in my unfortunate English? I know is far to be a good English but you seems to be the only one having problems to understand it since you always say the same, but may be right, so quote them please and I'll rewrite them again in a more easy way so you may understand it.. certainly what really would be a fair reason to ban someone is to say to be a scientist researcher or a member of MENSA as you did, wihout proving it!
                      Last edited by flerc; 02-04-2017, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by flerc View Post
                        Originally Posted by burdlePooka1
                        I didn't write this. You inserted my name in the quoting function. DISHONEST. You need to go away.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• Certainly would be too much easy for you if I would not be here of course. You have not authorithy to say dishonest to nobody. But certainly try to not confuse me, is difficult to know which of boths I should to refer, as I say you (both, ok?) you sounds extremely similar you always agree in everything I read, one saying to be a MENSA member the other a scientist research, both without proving it..certainly Burdle posts are the only one I may see supporting all your lies or missunderstandings, certainly all what I say to one of boths I may say to the other.. but ok, I have deleted it. When you'll delete your lies (or misunderstandings ) about me, my daughter and the Vbt group?.
                          Last edited by flerc; 02-04-2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• And what do you are thinking to do with your EXTREMELY SERIOUS LIES about parents of this forum refusing surgery? Or do you believe I forgot it? You never said it was a missunderstunding as you are saying now it was what you said about me. Deleting it without saying nothing would be useless, I have a legal copy, you cannot pretend you have never said what you said.
                            Last edited by flerc; 02-04-2017, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• VBT forum is a closed fb group, so screens for stated membership criteria

Many groups geared (primarily) towards children screen closely. For example, you must have a young child with EOS to join the EOS and Mehta forum; I cannot join that one. I will not divulge the conversation I might have had with the NSF member because to me, private convos should remain so. HOWever, if he had told me his reason for joining he would have been added. I have not had a potential member ever state that they were considering VBT for their unfused lumbar, but if they had, they would have been more than welcome. If the person on this forum tried to join, he did not say that to me.

It is also a private group so other fb friends do not see anything. We screen to protect children from questionable sounding fb profile names or pages, and answers to the simple screening note should indicate someone meets the forum membership parameters. Our members appreciate that we screen.

I do not come to NSF often, but wanted to see what the talk was about. It is no surprise the VBT forum has over 1,800 members; from all walks of life and dozens of countries. Those people answered a simple screen earnestly, with little problem, and are far from elitist. They are happy to support others in their journey, whether it ultimately results in: VBT, fusion, MAGEC, 'no action' at this time, or continued bracing.

Emily
                              Emily, 43
                              approx 50 T, 36 T/L

Comment

• Originally posted by 3sisters View Post
                                It is also a private group so other fb friends do not see anything.
                                You might consider hiding your member lists. They are public.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
                                X