No announcement yet.

Why surgeons are not recommending Vbs/Vbt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May be not more than hundreds of cases, I don't know really. But sure would be thousands or hundreds of thousands if only fusion surgeons would not be hiding Vbt information to their clients as it seems they are doing! Or do you believed taht they never heard about Vbt?

Comment

Only a relative handful of surgeons are trained in it. Then there is a learning curve. VBT is going to be very experimental for a long time WITHOUT invoking imaginary conspiracy theories among honest surgeons.

VBS didn't really pan out for large curves per Betz. The staples can't hold. Tethering might not pan out either. Lonner stated some known unknowns that are very open questions, some having to do with disc integrity with tethering. Both treatments are still experimental.

Wanting a non-fusion treatment is fine. Imagining we have one if we don't is misleading and helps nobody.
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

I'm only talking about FACTS and doing logical conclusions to explain what is happening. If you have a rational, not dogmatic way to explain what is happening, I hear you, but please try to justuify what you say, it has nothing to do what you may think or not. Why do you say Vbt cannot hold larges curves?????

Comment

Originally posted by flerc View Post
          I'm only talking about FACTS and doing logical conclusions to explain what is happening. If you have a rational, not dogmatic way to explain what is happening, I hear you, but please try to justuify what you say, it has nothing to do what you may think or not. Why do you say Vbt cannot hold larges curves?????
          Betz (not me) was talking about VBS (not VBT).

This is an example of what I mean when I say you are not following along. You don't seem to have any idea of how medical treatments are developed.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
            Lonner stated some known unknowns that are very open questions, some having to do with disc integrity with tethering. Both treatments are still experimental.
            There are a lot of even KNOWN bad side effects with fusion and is what surgeons are recommending, they don't see it as something experimental. Any way may you post that article? I want to know everything about Vbt.

Comment

There are a lot of even KNOWN bad side effects with fusion and is what surgeons are recommending, they don't see it as something experimental. Any way may you post that article? I want to know everything about Vbt.
              Fusion is about cutting losses. You are still comparing to normal. The only comparison that matters is unfused curve versus fused curve. It is demonstrably true that many people are better off fused than not fused EVEN WITH later problems. You are not able to grok this for some reason. I don't know how else to state it.

None of this is going to make any sense to you until you get your facts straight. Plenty of your statements don't make sense. And if they don't make sense they are probably not true. You appear very confused about a lot of issues.
              Last edited by Pooka1; 02-08-2017, 03:09 PM.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Betz (not me) was talking about VBS (not VBT).

This is an example of what I mean when I say you are not following along. You don't seem to have any idea of how medical treatments are developed.
                I'm not understanding what you are saying. I don't know enough about Vbs because it cannot be used in my daughter. What is what I don't understand about medical treatments developments?
                Last edited by flerc; 02-02-2017, 07:48 AM.

Comment

So is your daughter signing up to be tethered?

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Fusion is about cutting losses. You are still comparing to normal. The only comparison that matters is unfused curve versus fused curve. It is demonstrably true that many people are better off fused than not fused EVEN WITH later problems. You are not able to grok this for some reason. I don't know how else to state it.

None of this is going to make any sense to you until you get your facts straight. Plenty of our statements don't make sense. And if they don't make sense they are probably not true. You appear very confused about a lot of issues.
                    What have to do it? Is known that a lot of people are not good after fusion and cannot reverse it, otherwise they would do it. And what? What have to do what you say with the fact that surgeons should to be talking about Vbt and they are not doing it?

Comment

What have to do it? Is known that a lot of people are not good after fusion and cannot reverse it, otherwise they would do it. And what? What have to do what you say with the fact that surgeons should to be talking about Vbt and they are not doing it?

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

I have send them her x rays and said them all what they needed to know and they said me she is candidat. Anyway is a major surgery and a surgery is a surgery.. I would prefer for her Spinecor for adults but she refused it.. both follows similar principles. But if she may need it I need to know about it all I can.

Comment

If braces worked there would be no surgery.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

If fusion worked we would not be talking here.. there would not be scoliosis sites. Braces don't works for EVERYONE and what has it to do?

Comment

It's enough clear you are not able to explain why only fusion surgeons are not telling their clients about Vbt. Ed is the only one who said something reasonable.. A ship captain would not talk about planes..
                              Last edited by flerc; 02-02-2017, 09:01 AM.

Comment

I really hope it never happens but if one of your daughter would need another surgery now, would you refuse Vbt?
                                Last edited by flerc; 02-02-2017, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X