Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it bad to get out of the house, so early in recovery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, King, you're a super-woman. Looking at you, I am going to up my yoga and exercise routine.
    I am stronger than scoliosis, and won't let it rule my life!
    45 years old - diagnosed at age 7
    A/P surgery on March 5/7, 2013 - UCSF

Comment

Update- 5 weeks, 1 day

At Jenna- BLT (bending, lifting, twisting)

So - thankfully not a whole lot to report which is good, but I'm wondering if anyone out there that is only fused to L1 2, or 3 can relate.
      I have pain, numbness, and constant swelling on only the Left side of my lumbar spine, down to the PSIS. It's completely numb, yet painful. This area is completely unfused and is "supposed" to be the area that will "spontaneously correct" so if this is good pain that I'm feeling, fine. But it's so incredibly swollen and it seems like I can feel my spine right under the skin. (Remember I have no hard where there so it's not tht) help....

I have FINALLY seen my scar- my dr put Layers of steri strips on so the top two layers came off but that bottom one didn't... I took them off yesterday after weeks of "they will fall off on their own" anyway it's beautiful and I love it. I almost don"t want it to lighten.

Sleeping and withdrawal. - so even though I was prescribed 14 pills a day at the beginning I thought that was too much and only took 5. After a couple of days cut that to 3, then down to one Percocet at night so I could sleep. Well let me tell you...I'm not a "weaning type" of person. If I think I'm done with the meds I wanna be just Done.
      I am day 5 completely off everything (for the second time, I did this before and went back to taking one Percocet at night) and I'm so surprised at how much it has effected me. I can't imagine if I was on all the doses originally prescribed and then trying to cut down. *** which believe me I would 100% still be on if the pain was bad, so I completely understand other people. But I am having such bad insomnia, and restlessness,exhaustion, irritable.... It's weird. I was pretty squeaky clean before so maybe I'm just really sensitive to this stuff. But holy cow, I'm really surprised.
      Which brings me to a questions- does anyone know of a 100% natural sleep aid that won't effect fusion? My dr said I can take a sleep aid (prescribed) but that's the last thing I wanna do.

And any help with the "unfused" pain..

And thanks Ed- for encouraging me to post here... Seems silly to have "little problems" and complain when I know I'm doing quite well... But maybe someone else is experiencing these things too.

Comment

Working...
      X