Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loves to skate View Post
    Delores,
    PT should help you, and for myself, I have to continually remind myself to stand up straight. Oh yeah, the belly thing. It seems to be a problem for many of us older ladies. I weigh about the same as you and am 5'5" tall now (used to be 5'9") and in the evening I look about six months pregnant. Ugh! Some women have liposuction, but one big surgery is enough for me. Haha! Good to hear from you BTW.
    Sally
    Sally: This belly thing is getting to me. I have not had surgery, have lost weight [now about 145# on a 5'2 used to be, now 5 feet]. I think that the progressive collapse of my spinal column and the shifting leaves the front no place to go than out! Wonder what a fusion would do to help that? Sounds like not much from what you are saying. I fear that someone will not see my graying hair and ask if I am early pregnant!
    Susan
    Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
    2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
    2018: Removal L4,5 screw
    2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Originally posted by susancook View Post
      Sally: This belly thing is getting to me. I have not had surgery, have lost weight [now about 145# on a 5'2 used to be, now 5 feet]. I think that the progressive collapse of my spinal column and the shifting leaves the front no place to go than out! Wonder what a fusion would do to help that? Sounds like not much from what you are saying. I fear that someone will not see my graying hair and ask if I am early pregnant!
      Susan
      Susan, I agree with you about no place to go but out, but I would be willing to bet you could have very tight abdominal muscles and still have a lot of fat in the belly area. I know I do. If you can be corrected to your original weight, your belly probably won't be as bad. My Doc wasn't able to lengthen me to my original height because he was afraid it would put too much pressure on the pedicle screws and they might pull out. I think this belly thing is very prevalent among older ladies. Oh well!
      Sally
      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
      X