Newspaper article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
    I don't recall reading anywhere than anyone was advising against spine surgery. I guess I don't follow what you mean.
    I am referring to the testimonials where was have lay "surgeons" advising folks.

The most recent one had a grandmother actually blaming the parents in that many words for a grandson needing scoliosis surgery because they didn't remind the kid to not slouch. This is taking abject ignorance to operatic levels and compounds the problem by making the parents feel even worse than they already did knowing their child was facing surgery. A grandmother with no training WHATSOEVER (obviously). Breath-taking.

ETA: The grandmother also blamed the parents for not watching the situation closely enough as if that would have necessarily avoided surgery. It's breath-taking.
    Last edited by Pooka1; 03-03-2012, 04:09 PM.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

I guess I'll have to reread it. I thought it was neat that Anne was featured, though.
      Be happy!
      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
      but we are alive today!

Comment

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
        I guess I'll have to reread it. I thought it was neat that Anne was featured, though.
        I'm talking about the testimonials over the years here on the forum. I am not talking about anything mentioned in the article. I am saying if we had more articles like that then maybe there would be less lay "surgical" opinions flying around.
        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Sharon

That was the old mindset..... My parents were the same way 40 years ago....Surgery? Are you nuts? Most scoli surgeries were done in NYC back in those days and just the thought of going to NYC was scary. (sorry New Yorker’s....blame it on Mayor Lindsay) 9 murders every day in Manhattan in the 70’s but Mexico is on the state department travel warning list? Funny, I want to go down to Phoenix, 13 were shot last night, but not hearing any warnings from anyone.

????

Funny how and where we get our information...(smiley face)

Ed
          49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
          Pre surgery curves T70,L70
          ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
          Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
          http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Working...