Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy on/Easy off tops to wear post surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walkingmom View Post
    Hi Mary,

You mentioned that you wear prescription orthotics along with a heel lift. After my surgery I could no longerwear my old orthotics because my hips are now level. I waited until around 5 mos post op to be fitted for my new orthotics to allow my new back to settle in. Plus the heel lift was no longer needed. Just something to think about as you address some of your shoes issues.

Best of luck to you on our upcoming surgery!
    Donna
    Donna,

I don't have a heel lift at this time -- at least not one that I actually use. It has been recommended to me in the past due to a supposed difference in leg length, but I've never actually used it. It will be interesting to see if that supposed difference in leg length disappears after the surgery...

The orthotics however, I wear all day, every day, and have since 1989 due to extreme overpronation (I practically walk on the sides of my ankles otherwise -- my high arch is very unstable and collapses easily), plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, heel bursitis, and more recently, Morton's neuroma (supposedly....). I am fully aware that they might need to be adjusted after the surgery.

-- Thanks,
    Mary
    -- Mary D. Taffet
    Lumbar curve 27 degrees in 07/2007 > 34 degrees in 03/2009 > 38 degrees in 02/2011 > 42 degrees in 09/2011
    Laminectomy L2-L5, Fusion T9-S1 (sacrum) with pelvic fixation 01/23/2012 w/ Dr. Richard Tallarico, Upstate Orthopedics, Syracuse, NY

Comment

Working...
    X