Neck problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't think so..
    think it is just a forum thing that started when they reconfigured a little bit....
    none of the emoticons seemed to work after that...

jess

Comment

Ed, how are you doing? Haven't heard from you in a while so hope you are doing OK
      Melissa

Fused from C2 - sacrum 7/2011

April 21, 2020- another broken rod surgery

Comment

Melissa

The neck is ok now. I have been so busy at work, crunching numbers all day long.......We have had NO snow at all and they are playing golf in Tahoe.

What was your decision on the shoulder surgery?

Ed
        49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
        Pre surgery curves T70,L70
        ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
        Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
          Melissa

The neck is ok now. I have been so busy at work, crunching numbers all day long.......We have had NO snow at all and they are playing golf in Tahoe.

What was your decision on the shoulder surgery?

Ed
          Glad to hear that your neck is better. I am going for PT for several weeks and then on 2/16 I will meet with the shoulder surgeon. My pain is so bad however and I have very
          limited mobility
          Melissa

Comment

I haven't been on here in ages, but thought I'd put in my two cents. Many of the descriptions of the neck pain fit me to a tee -- prior to my surgery. The first thing I remember telling my husband when I first woke up from the first surgery was, "My neck doesn't hurt anymore." And I had whiplash previous to the surgery, and many visits to many different doctors, many X-ray, MRIs, etc. My neck occasionally hurts now, but usually due to sleeping crooked, or as crooked as one with rods in back can do! I've had a one year checkup since my last surgery (Nov 2010), and all appears well. I am extremely glad to have had all the surgeries, but I do have a TENS unit right now for that darned scapular muscle that just won't quit aching. I'm only using the TENS every other day, so I'm progressing through this pain, as I have with all other post-op pains. Dr. Floyd did mention having one more surgery to remove all hardware, stating this might relieve that muscle pain. But I have lots of time to ponder that. I want to continue healing and enjoying life for a couple years before having any more surgery. Got my left basal thumb joint fixed, so healing from that. NO more surgeries for a couple of years, at least. Planning a two week motorcycle trip from Idaho to San Antonio, Texas, this summer. Riding is not a problem!
            Les, Biker Babe, age 56 (at time of first surgery)
            Fused T2 to S2, posterior only, 8 Apr 08
            T3 fracture repair and revision, Mar 09
            Broke left lower rod and pelvic screws removal, Dec 09
            Scheduled to remove all hardware, replaced everything instead due to non-fusion, Nov 10
            Remove top 2" of rods and screws, Feb 14
            Pre surgery degrees: L40, T45
            Post surgery degrees: L8, T10

Happy, joyous and pain-free!
            Surgeon: C Timothy Floyd, MD, Boise Orthopedic Clinic

Comment

Originally posted by lapieper View Post
              I haven't been on here in ages, but thought I'd put in my two cents. Many of the descriptions of the neck pain fit me to a tee -- prior to my surgery. The first thing I remember telling my husband when I first woke up from the first surgery was, "My neck doesn't hurt anymore." And I had whiplash previous to the surgery, and many visits to many different doctors, many X-ray, MRIs, etc. My neck occasionally hurts now, but usually due to sleeping crooked, or as crooked as one with rods in back can do! I've had a one year checkup since my last surgery (Nov 2010), and all appears well. I am extremely glad to have had all the surgeries, but I do have a TENS unit right now for that darned scapular muscle that just won't quit aching. I'm only using the TENS every other day, so I'm progressing through this pain, as I have with all other post-op pains. Dr. Floyd did mention having one more surgery to remove all hardware, stating this might relieve that muscle pain. But I have lots of time to ponder that. I want to continue healing and enjoying life for a couple years before having any more surgery. Got my left basal thumb joint fixed, so healing from that. NO more surgeries for a couple of years, at least. Planning a two week motorcycle trip from Idaho to San Antonio, Texas, this summer. Riding is not a problem!
              Glad to hear that you are doing so well. I love road trips. How do you know if your hardware is bothering you?
              Melissa

Comment

Ed, Sorry to hear of your neck issues but glad that the exercises are helping a bit. It's good that you don't have headaches associated with it. You are so supportive of the problems of everyone else, we figured that you were "in the clear." I guess that can be counted on. There are also aches and pain that come as we "age."

There's little natural snow in the East. I thought I would get to try cross-country this year but not much snow in the woods. There is man-made snow on the downhill areas.

I had headaches associated with the occipital nerve. They went away for a while but are back, but less often. Fioricet seems to help but I wait until I can't stand it before I take it and then float for a while until that feeling passes and the headache goes away.

Good luck with feeling better. My thoughts are with you.

Regards, Irene
                1996 x-rays (none read recently) 50 degrees thoracic, 40 degrees lumbar
                Never braced, found out I had scoliosis at age 28
                At time of surgery, multi-level disc spondylotic degeneration,
                advanced lumbar degeneration, stenosis
                65 years young and very active but no lengthy walks or standing without pain
                Now, 67. walking and standing as much as I want
                Surgery Dec. 7, 2010
                T10-S1 posterior
                Dr. Rand
                New England Baptist Hospital, Boston,
                http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee369/itr1/

Comment

Working...
                X