Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

almost 1 year post surgery .. Is this pain normal ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an idea what's happening...

Comment

Leanne,
      I just went back and read most of your thread starters since your surgery. No one should be going through what you have gone through with this surgery. I hope and pray you can find a surgeon that can help you. My heart goes out to you. You need answers and need them now. This has gone on way too long. Are you limited to Minnesota with your insurance?
      Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
      Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
      70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
      Rib Hump-GONE!
      Age-60 at the time of surgery
      Now 66
      Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
      Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
      Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
      Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
      tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
      http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

There are a lot of spine surgeons in Minnesota. Unfortunately they are almost ALL wrapped up in the same practice at the Twin Cities Spine Center. There is at least one SRS doctor that isn't when I searched last year or so. I haven't looked recently. Being in Wisconsin is terrible, there aren't any "choices". I've heard Iowa is pretty limited, too. I certainly hope you can find someone. Your doctor sounds like mine here in WI. Doesn't give a hoot about pain issues!
        Be happy!
        We don't know what tomorrow brings,
        but we are alive today!

Comment

Just reading your message makes me cry tonight. Maybe just emotional tonight, but it's a good feeling to hear from someone who cares, ya know ? I am almost ready to give up. Its been a long road of which I have tried so hard, so very very hard to stay strong and positive. I just dont know where to turn anymore.
          I tried to wear the bone growth stimulator tonight. It hurts so much I had to take it off. I tried to stick it out and leave it on but it just burns, stings sort of itches inside my spine and then my legs get this odd sensation and very weak. I just had to take it off and it frustrates me because I need to wear it incase I it is non union. I had to take an oxycodon for the pain.
          Thanks for your help and caring about me. I will keep looking here because its keeping me going.

Comment

Working...
          X