New complications 4 days prior to surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeneemohler View Post
    Yes, I have left Andy with instructions. He is pretty stressed out worrying about me, so I don't know how long it will take him to post.... He is also going to try to post on my FB and his, so you could go there, too. Maybe you should request him as a friend now, so you can get the news ASAP, and you could post on our forum if he forgets... I think he will be preoccupied with all that is going on. But he is on his FB and posts everyday. He has lots of family and friends waiting and wondering, so I think he will hit FB first....

I hope you are feeling better today!

Talk to you soon...
    I made the request and will keep checking. Tell him if he doesn't have time/energy to forum post, I will copy and paste his news. Might be one less thing for him. When I was with my mom and her surgery, that part was a timefilling occupation! , especially with the older folks who wanted to call me. Gave my cellphone a workout, I can tell you.

I am home from work and feeling better mainly because I am home...I can cough and sneeze as much as I want and need. Thanks for asking.

Cyberhugs, blessings, and high-fives!
    Amy
    58 yrs old, diagnosed at 31, never braced
    Measured T-64, L-65 in 2009
    Measured T-57, L-56 in 2010, different doc
    2 lumbar levels spondylolisthesis
    Exercising to correct

Comment

Ed, I think we are just going to see if she can get enough correction doing it to make it worthwhile. I am giving her permission to go ahead, if she feels that it is the right thing to do, once she is in there and sees how much correction I actually get. I'm hoping I won't need it, but am prepared for it just in case. Keeping my fingers crossed!
      Jenee'-52
      Bend, Oregon

Braced 3 years in high school
      Lumbar 70'+ Thoracic 70'+
      I had 3" shrinkage in 6 months...

Surgery Jan 10, 2011
      9 hours
      T3 to S1 with pelvic fixation
      Both curves now 35'

Possible revison for Flatback Syndrome
      Non-fusion
      Loose/broken hardware-awaiting CT results

Here is the link to my before and after pics..
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt......&highlight=

Comment

Thinking of you tomorrow

Jenee,
        I'll be thinking of you bright and early tomorrow. I also had a very stiff spine, so I understand your frustration. Your doctor may be able to get a greater correction than she predicts. Either way, you will be fine and on your way to recovery after tomorrow!
        Kathy
        46 yrs at surgery, now 50
        71 degree thoracolumbar curve corrected to 34 degrees
        8/2/2010 surgery with Dr. Lenke

posterior T9 to sacrum with pelvic fixation

4 osteotomies and 1 cage
        http://s1066.photobucket.com/albums/...athK_08022010/

Comment

Working...
        X