Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Therapy-what was allowed and when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by golfnut View Post
    I am lucky we have a pool at our y which is 6 miles from our house. I have no idea when I will want to ride in a car to get there, however, I am now looking forward to the warm water.
    There are only really low benches in the locker room, so I can't imagine how I could possibly get a wet suit off. Any suggestions other than putting on a jogging suit over the wet suit and letting hubby help me out of it when we get home?

Thanks for the good luck wishes for my surgery in 10 days!
    Karen,
    Don't worry...if you are ready to get into the pool for water therapy or gentle swimming, you will have no trouble changing out of your swimsuit. Good luck with your surgery ;-)
    May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Thanks, all. We get back into town tomorrow and I am going to look at the family changing areas. It would give me a little privacy and I hope possibly a chair. I'm trying to focus on the recovery instead of thinking about the surgery on the 5th and the stay in the hospital. That might be stretching the truth a bit.
      Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
      Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
      70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
      Rib Hump-GONE!
      Age-60 at the time of surgery
      Now 66
      Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
      Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
      Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
      Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
      tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
      http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Karen,

I'm a little late for this thread, but I was given the okay for aqua therapy at 4 weeks. I went for a month two times a week. They wanted me to go three times a week, two aqua therapy and one regular (they called it surf n' turf). I was also nervous about trying to get out of my swimsuit, but I managed. The bench in the locker room was quite low, but then again I am shorter than most people... The exercises were the same each time for me, walking forward then backward then side to side for a couple laps each, some arm exercises, and then floating in the deep end with a noodle.
        Tiffany K
        I'm not short, I'm fun size!

29 years old
        4'11", never braced
        Pre-surgery, 52° T6 to T12, 35° T12 to L4
        T1-L2, Posterior 8/5/2010, gained 1"

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=03212f3e17

Comment

Tiffany,
          You're not too late at all. It will be at least 4 or more weeks before I could even think about getting in the pool. Thanks for posting!
          I tried a noodle the other day and I think that will at least add some variety to just walking back and forth, however, I'm sure walking will be challenging enough in the beginning.
          Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
          Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
          70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
          Rib Hump-GONE!
          Age-60 at the time of surgery
          Now 66
          Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
          Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
          Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
          Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
          tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
          http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Working...
          X