No announcement yet.

Update on Backissues from the "other side"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I had an ultrasound of the liver and gall bladder and they only found some polyps but didn't think it would cause pain.

I think you are correct about readjustment of my ribs and rest of my body. My body shape is changed for the better. I grew 1 inch and have no belly bulge any more. Also, the biggest change was that I was listing to the right side and had a crimp on the right side. That is gone and both my sides of my waist are even.

Irene

Comment

Good luck with all of this, Irene. I would think that all the muscle readjustment would be so radical, especially if you have curtailed your pain meds and get to feel everything. I have often wondered if it is hard for the surgeon to reattach the tighter side of the muscles once the spine has been straightened.

Take care of yourself and let us know.
      Amy
      58 yrs old, diagnosed at 31, never braced
      Measured T-64, L-65 in 2009
      Measured T-57, L-56 in 2010, different doc
      2 lumbar levels spondylolisthesis
      Exercising to correct

Comment

I have spoken to several people on the Forum and found that with the readjustment of my body comes discomfort. I have been one shape for 65 years and now I have a new, and much better shape. However, the side that was stretched out hurts and so does across the upper abdomen. All of this has been realigned. I gained 1 inch. I am taking Dilaudid and Tylenol for the most part for pain.

It would have been good to hear about this in the pre-op workshop I attended. Then, I wouldn't have been looking for some mysterious source for the pain.

Thanks again for all your knowledge and support.

Comment

Working...
        X