Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am RECOVERING from 2nd surgery to correct saggital balance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babyboomer,

I concur with the others that it took great bravery to undergo more surgery, but what a victory for you.....I hope this is the last one ever and that your holidays are filled with uberhealing!!!
    Amy
    58 yrs old, diagnosed at 31, never braced
    Measured T-64, L-65 in 2009
    Measured T-57, L-56 in 2010, different doc
    2 lumbar levels spondylolisthesis
    Exercising to correct

Comment

Thank-you all!

Thank to you all for the encouragement you are giving me. I am 2 weeks and 3 days out of surgery. The past couple days were a little tough. Probably did something to cause pain. Cause its been pretty bad. I also have a "funny smell" in my nose. Anybody ever have this happen? Hope nothing is wrong. I lost a couple crowns because of the surgery. I bit down hard apparently on the thing that they suck saliva out of your mouth, as I was in ICU.(so much for crowns) But I will call the Dr. if it doesn't go away. Anyway, its such a wicked surgery, that the body has lots to heal. Everyone have a good week-end. I will keep in touch. Thank-you so much ! babyboomer
      Linda Brozik~~60 yrs. old at time of Lenke's first surgery. 62 now!
      Surgery 2006 L3/4 L4/5 double fusion/ instumentation/ With 2 cages
      This started adult onset scoliosis
      July 1st, 2010/ surgery ~~fused T10 to pelvis (long rods/ screws)
      Oct.20th 2010, extended rods to T4 / did osteotomy at L3
      Oct. 29th 2012 Dr. Lenke St. Louis Mo. T4 to sacrum osteotomy anterior cage L3/4 titanium rods
      May 30th 2013 revision
      May 8th cervicle surgery 2016
      May 31st Dr. Gupta revision 2017

Comment

Babyboomer--You are one brave soul. Congratulations on this second and now it seems very successful surgery. That's wonderful. Janet
        Janet

61 years old--57 for surgery

Diagnosed in 1965 at age of 13--no brace
        Thoracic Curve: 96 degrees to 35 degrees
        Lumbar Curve: 63 degrees to 5 degrees
        Surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis--March 30, 2009
        T-2 to Pelvis, and hopefully all posterior procedure.

All was posterior along with 2 cages and 6 osteotomies.

Comment

How's It Going?

Hey Babyboomer16,
          Do you have a curve in your lower back now like people who don't have scoliosis have? Or is your low back flast as a washboard like mine? I'm really glad you can stand up straight. That's great. Can you do it for very long? I'm sorry to appear so nosy, but if my rods went any higher they'd be in my neck, while all my curvature's from the waist down, so I guess my surgeon went up high enough, though I gotta tell you the top of the rods area gives me some pain now that I never had before surgery(ies). The dr. explained that the stress of motion has to be transferred to somewhere, and since my lower back is fused, the wiggle force goes to the top of the rods, which may be what's happening to youl Keep us posted. Wish I had your courage!

Comment

Working...
          X