No announcement yet.

Brenda Ross-worried about her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for posting the update Karen. It is so good to hear the positive report.

Glenda
    Glenda
    Age 66 Georgia (63 at time of surgery)
    Bi-lateral laminectomy 2006
    Kyphoscoliosis, approx 38* lumbar scoliosis, stenosis, disk herniations, lower back and hip pain, w/radiating pain, stinging and numbness in legs.
    A/P fusion (T10-S2) 5/17/10 and 5/20/10
    Dr Yoon, Emory Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital, Atlanta, GA
    Pleased with outcome

Comment

Thanks for letting her know we are following her progress and sending well-wishes. It's starting to sound quite positive for her after such a wobbly start.
      Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
      Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
      T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
      Osteotomies and Laminectomies
      Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Fantastic news, especially about moving the legs! Way to go Brenda!

Comment

Am just catching up on these posts. Keeping Brenda and your entire family in my prayers. One day at a time...

Anne in PA
          Age 58
          Diagnosed at age 14, untreated, no problem until age 50
          T4 to sacrum fusion
          63 thoracic now 35, 92 lumbar now 53
          Dr. Baron Lonner, 2/2/10
          Am pain-free, balanced, happy & an inch taller !

Comment

new update from Brenda's husband

This is just part of it:

"I toured the Barres Neurological Rehab. Facility today. I feel they are going to be able to help Brenda in many ways. I anticipate she will go to the facility early next week. They will give her 3 hours a day of rehab. She will also be able to cook there. That will make her happy. I anticpate that this will be the end of daily updates. I will post updates here every few days, but now that Brenda is out of immediate danger, I will post only significant updates with the assumption that she is progressing each day. I must mention that Brenda moved her left foot from side to side this evening. We're still working on the right one. It will come."
            Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
            Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
            70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
            Rib Hump-GONE!
            Age-60 at the time of surgery
            Now 66
            Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
            Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
            Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
            Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
            tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
            http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Brenda anad her family are in my prayers

Melissa

Comment

From her husband on CarePages:

33 - September 19, 2010 at 09:00 PM MST

I haven't been to the hospital yet today, but talked to Brenda. She's coming out of ICU today, hopefully into rehab if they have room for her. It's a good day. We've had a lot of them lately.
                age 48
                80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
                Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
                Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
                Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
                Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

What great news!

Melissa

Comment

update from Brenda's husband

From the CarePages:

34 - September 20, 2010 at 09:00 PM MST

We finally transported Brenda to the rehab facility at St. Joseph's at 4 PM this afternoon. It is great to take this step as it what needs to be done before Brenda can come home. The doctors anticipate about five weeks, more or less, in rehab. Brenda has a private room and her own phone. Going into rehab has forced her to look at the reality of her situation. She cannot walk or even turn herself in bed. She is totally dependent at this point. The goal of the rehab experience is to help her to be independent. That is quite daunting for her right now. I would suggest that any who have the desire might give Brenda a call. ....

There was more, a phone number and directions for people in the Phoenix area to visit.

Evelyn
                    age 48
                    80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
                    Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
                    Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
                    Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
                    Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Working...
                    X