No announcement yet.

new to forum; grateful for info so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i picked a great surgeon...he does several approaches...minimally invasive is one of them...
    ..i admire and trust him...i would never "pick a procedure"...i want my surgeon to be experienced in all kinds of approaches and procedures!

i just keep asking questions...because i know surgery keeps improving...
    my surgeon has no problem with that...
    i want to know all possible options out there...even the ones not useful for me...and why they aren't useful in my case...
    i wouldn't trust a surgeon not willing to explain...
    i think every person approaches their surgery decision in their own way...
    this is what it will take for me to become comfortable with a decision...

i did ask him to fuse to sacrum, not to pelvis as he planned...he said he would see once he got me open...and that there is little difference between the two...i thought about it, then told him i would go with whatever he thought best, and would accept fusion to pelvis, as that was his choice for me...

jess
    Last edited by jrnyc; 09-09-2010, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Hi Juno,

So glad you joined us. I couldn't wait to have my surgery because as you said, then I could begin to get well.

My first day in ICU was spent with much sleeping. The next 24 hours I was having hallucinations. I must have been a little over medicated. About all I was able to do after that was to watch TV. I had a hard time figuring out how to use my cell phone and couldn't concentrate on reading for at least one month. My body spent the entire time just healing. Everyone is different.

Keep us posted on how your surgery goes. It is so worth going through the pain to get your life back.

Sally
      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
      X