No announcement yet.

LisaB is in Recovery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for all of the good wishes, prayers, etc. Just waiting to hear if I can be released to the hotel today or tomorrow. Most of the staff feels like I can go since I've been released from both PT and Occ T. Apparently Dr
    B believes in the maximum stay just to avoid any complications, etc. I have liked his approach with everything though. He did say that surgery went well and he got better results than he anticipated. Wednesday and Thursday were the worst days I feel. But they had me up for a short walk Wednesday morning(the day after surgery) and again that afternoon. My days consist of eating breakfast, pills,walking, sponge bath and breakfast. Then a nap for several hours.Then a walk with PT or Occupational T, pills, nap. Then dinner and a nap and then alternating between pills and sleep. I sit in a chair for meals and several times throughout the day. I' waiting to hear whether or not I will be sprung from here to the hotel today. The entire staff thinks I'm ready but apparently Dr B likes to keep you until he's comfortable that you really are safe to leave. Haven't seen my back yet but my front rib cage definitely feels more even. I'll keep you posted! Debra - I hope you're doing well also!!
    Age 56
    Wore a Milwaukee Brace for 3 years in hs
    Fused L4-S1 for high grade spondylolisthesis Jan '09 in Indy
    Thoracic 68
    Surgery Aug 31, 2010 T3 to L1
    Dr Bridwell St Louis
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...1&d=1289881696

Comment

Lisa,
      I'm glad you're doing so well. Please keep us updated on your recovery.
      Karen

Surgery-Jan. 5, 2011-Dr. Lenke
      Fusion T-4-sacrum-2 cages/5 osteotomies
      70 degree thoracolumbar corrected to 25
      Rib Hump-GONE!
      Age-60 at the time of surgery
      Now 66
      Avid Golfer & Tap Dancer
      Retired Kdgn. Teacher

See photobucket link for:
      Video of my 1st Day of Golf Post-Op-3/02/12-Bradenton, FL
      Before and After Picture of back 1/7/11
      tap dancing picture at 10 mos. post op 11/11/11-I'm the one on the right.
      http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k630/pottoff2/

Comment

Hi Lisa

I am so glad you are doing well. You and others are an inspiration to me as I look forward to my surgery with Dr. Bridwell, scheduled on March 1st next year. Will you be staying at one of the very nearby recommended hotels? If so, let me know sometime what you think of where you are staying. I think of you often, Mary Ann

Comment

thats wonderful Lisa! Im glad you didnt post any horror stories with my sons surgery coming up next week , He got better results that anticipated is great news too...sounds like your doing great if they are talking about releasing you!
          Kelly
          mom of Cameren 12 yrs. old
          Chiari,retroflex odontoid,syringomyelia,scoliosis
          Chiari decompressions 6/2005,5/2006
          Syringopleural shunt 6/2009
          Boston Braced off & on 6.5yrs
          scoliosis surgery- 9/15/10 T4-L4 Dr. Bridwell
          Fell & broke finger,surgery 3/2011

Comment

You sound like you're doing great Lisa! Best of luck with a continued smooth recovery. Thanks for keeping us up to date.
            Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
            Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
            T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
            Osteotomies and Laminectomies
            Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

So happy to hear from you Lisa. I hope that you are released soon and that you have a good experience at the Parkway hotel.

Post when you can but get lots of rest!
              Kathy
              46 yrs at surgery, now 50
              71 degree thoracolumbar curve corrected to 34 degrees
              8/2/2010 surgery with Dr. Lenke

posterior T9 to sacrum with pelvic fixation

4 osteotomies and 1 cage
              http://s1066.photobucket.com/albums/...athK_08022010/

Comment

Lisa
                So glad to see you are up and talking and feeling somewhat okay. I hope that things continue to go well for you and that soon you will be home with your family.
                May 2008 Fusion T4 - S1, Pre-op Curves T45, L70 (age 48). Unsuccessful surgery.

March 18, 2010 (age 50). Revision with L3 Osteotomy, Replacement of hardware T11 - S1 , addition of bilateral pelvic fixation. Correction of sagittal imbalance and kyphosis.

January 24, 2012 (age 52) Revision to repair pseudoarthrosis and 2 broken rods at L3/L4.

Comment

Working...
                X