No announcement yet.

Frustrated.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gayle- I saw the DR at six weeks and then he started me on PT. It seems to help some. It has only been 1 1/2 weeks since I started though. You are lucky to have such a nice employer. I wish mine would let me start back part-time for awhile before going back to 12 hour days.
    Janet
    Last edited by jsully; 08-09-2010, 07:49 AM.
    36 year young cardiac RN
    old curve C 29, T 70, L 50
    new curve C 7, T 23, L 20
    Surgery June 11, UCH, Dr. Cronen T2-L5, posterior
    Revision December 20 L5-S1 with pelvic fixation
    and Osteotomy to L3 at Tampa General Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by jsully View Post
      I wish I could describe the walk. Maybe kind of stiff with the top portion slightly bending over and swaying side to side?
      ERP.
      That's pretty graphic.
      If accurate, it sounds more Neanderthal than robotic to me. Is this what the rest of you young ladies are referring to?

This is why it's good to be specific (hard as it is with something. so subjective - here literally, a "moving target"). Anecdotal data is already very limited without leaving things so generalized, that it leads to inaccurate conclusions/comparisons (as it may here).

It SOUNDS like there may be less shared in this robo walk, than it seemed at first. Maybe the common thread here is gait "stiffness" - something that may result from either discomfort or fear of self injury.

But maybe if looked at, everyone is actually walking very differently. Ideally, we could see a short video clip of everyone's gait. Haha! Don't worry, I don't dream of such a thing - I who don't yet know how to upload stills myself! (All my facebook pics come from other people's postings!)

OTOH it's worth considering that perhaps this clever turn of phrase describes a common feeling rather than a common reality.
      Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
      Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
      main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
      Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

Working...
      X