Multidisciplinary Care for Adult Scoliosis Patients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
    I started a thread about SSEP's (nerve monitoring) and nobody was interested. Maybe I will fire that one up again. It really determines your correction, and is so important in our surgeries, and it eliminates the wake up tests.
    Hi Ed...

While nerve monitoring is used in every case, it really only determines the amount of correction in a small percentage of cases where there are changes detected. Most patients never experience any change.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thankyou so much Ed, for that wonderful info on a brilliant Tasmanian. You really are the best. I think we could use more people like you as well, I really enjoy your posts, they bring a smile to my face a lot of the time as we have a similar sense of humour, and they make my brain work a little harder as well, which is good
      Regards
      Lorraine.
      Operated on in 1966, harrington rods inserted from T4 to L3, here in Australia. Fusion of the said vertebrae as well. Problems for the last 14 years with pain.
      Something I feel deeply,"Life is like money,you can spend it anyway you wish, but can only spend it once.

Comment

Working...
      X