Is something really wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melissa,

I do remember reading in the Wolpert and Neuwirth books that post-surgical pain tends to ebb and flow, and that it isn't a straight line down. I'm hoping yours is a flare-up, maybe from becoming more active, and that it will recede in time.

Also, if it is nerve pain, some doctors have told me that sometimes surgery causes nerve pain but that it often resolves over time. So, do not despair! I think there is every reason to hope that your surgery was actually a very good thing you did for yourself--and not a mistake. Your doctor should be able to shed some light.

Evelyn
    age 48
    80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
    Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
    Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
    Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
    Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

I am still in pain and it is still the same. All I did today was sleep and stay in bed. As I said, I found some pain pills from when I came home from rehab and I am slowly using them up until Wednesday. They do help but I do not want to be back on the now 8 weeks out

Thanks for all your good wishes

Melissa

Comment

hi Melissa
        i am so sorry that you are still in so much pain...but i am glad tht you found a few more pills to tide you over...i hope you can get an appointment soon after Wednesday! maybe if you let the office know how badly you are hurting!

i'd rather get relief from severe pain than worry about being on meds...that's just how i feel...i know everyones's different...

hope you feel better...and can get in to see the doctor really soon...
        jess

Comment

hope you feel better and this goes away soon..
          62/75 (T4-T9 68 degree & T11 - L4 80 degree) 10/19/2010
          45/50 year 2000
          36 yrs old
          Considering, researching surgery for the first time
          S. California
          http://s1210.photobucket.com/albums/...ashionista889/

Comment

Originally posted by jrnyc View Post
            hi Melissa
            i am so sorry that you are still in so much pain...but i am glad tht you found a few more pills to tide you over...i hope you can get an appointment soon after Wednesday! maybe if you let the office know how badly you are hurting!

i'd rather get relief from severe pain than worry about being on meds...that's just how i feel...i know everyones's different...

hope you feel better...and can get in to see the doctor really soon...
            jess
            No. I have an appt tomorrow at 4p

Melissa

Comment

great!

jess

Comment

I hope you get some answers Melissa.
                Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
                Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
                T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
                Osteotomies and Laminectomies
                Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Thanks I will let everyone know as soon as I get home from the doctor

Melissa

Comment

I hope you get some relief and find out what's going on. Hang in there, we are all here for you.
                    Be happy!
                    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
                    but we are alive today!

Comment

Looking forward to hearing, Melissa, and hoping the news was good!
                      Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
                      Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
                      main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
                      Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

Sorry to take so long but my computer is old and slow like me
                        Well, he took Xrays and he said that it still looks good . He thinks that it is a disc in my neck that is giving me problems. So He is trying me on 6 days of MethylPrednisolone . He is going away for the last two weeks in July.
                        If this doesn't help, then when he gets back,then He'll send me for a MRI of my neck for further study. The reason that he thinks it is my neck is that when he touched me with his little feather , where I could not feel it fits in with the neck disc .

He also gave me a script for Darvocot

Melissa

Comment

hey Melissa
                          glad he could see you and offer some hlelp..hope if works!

sounds like a steroid..? and pain meds...hope the 2 together kill the pain! and that youn get some sleep...and feel better every day!

jess

Comment

Yes it is a steroid .he felt that since he did see signs of fusion he felt comfortable giving me steroids now.

I hope that I can get a good night sleep tonight for more than 4 hours

Thanks for the good wishes

Melissa

Comment

i hope so too!

good nite!

jess

Comment

Hope you have a good night as well

Melissa

Comment

Working...
                                X