No announcement yet.

Greenthumb 3 Weeks Post Op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evelyn, I had surgery with Lenke on 3/31. I stayed the night before in the Parkway Hotel, attached to the hospital. My sister stayed there while I was in the hospital, then I returned there to the same hotel room after the hospital. I was in the hospital for 5 days, then at the Parkway for another 4 or 5 days. Hopefully your husband can stay with you the whole time. I split the time up between my 2 sisters. One stayed for the beginning 5 days and the other stayed for the rest of the time. There are many lovely restaurants and things to do within walking distance of the Parkway. Plus, the hotel has a fantastic shuttle service that will take you most anywhere for free..just tip the nice man! Good luck to you!
    Laura
    Laura
    62 degrees
    49 yrs. young
    Surgery 3/31/10 with Lenke

Before and After pics
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749126@N06/

Comment

Teresa, I'm so glad to hear you're home and doing so well. Sorry it took so long for me to respond, but I've been at a baseball tournament with my son for the week and haven't had much chance to check in. I'm definately going to check out the bar handle by the bed. I have hard wood slats around my bed and it's a little hard to get out of now. Thanks too about the advice on having someone there with you. I hate to ask more of people, but I must admit the thought of being in the hospital in pain, on heavy meds, and alone is scary. Also, it sounds like you have a great helper in your sister as she's watching over your pain med. management, to keep you out of pain, but still active. Hopefully your're just watching the blooms in the garden, and you'll be back out there soon.
      Debra
      Age 45
      Pre - surgery Thoracic 69, Lumbar 48
      Post-surgery Thoracic 37, Lumbar 39 (unfused)
      Fused T4-T12
      Milwaukee braced, 11 years old to 15 yo
      Surgery Sept. 1st, 2010 Dr. Boachie

Comment

Working...
      X