Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LindaRacine View Post
    Hi Evelyn...

I had both procedures done in one day (11-1/2 hours of surgery) at age 42. To be honest, I wouldn't do it that way again, as my recovery was pretty tough. My anterior surgery, however, was a big open surgery. The surgeons who do a lot of these surgeries are now doing the anterior part with XLIFs or ALIFs, through openings that are usually about 2". The difference between a 2" incision and mine that has to be about 14" have to be pretty significant.

Regards,
    Linda
    Good grief, Linda! You had to go through all that and now you are looking at possibly having revision surgery?! Bless your heart for contributing to this forum the way you do. I hope it provides some help to you, as well. Would you remind me what levels you had fused? Thanks for your message!

Ryy--I would find out how long (hours) they think each of your surgeries will be. Seems like that can be the difference in whether they do it in one day or not.

Evelyn
    age 48
    80* thoracolumbar; 40* thoracic
    Reduced to ~16* thoracolumbar; ~0* thoracic
    Surgery 3/14/12 with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis, T4 to S1 with pelvic fixation
    Broken rods 12/1/19; scheduled for revision fusion L1-L3-4 with Dr. Lenke 2/4/2020
    Not "confused" anymore, but don't know how to change my username.

Comment

Surgery for me is Sept 21 through the front for disk removal, and Sept 28 (tentative) for the fusion. wish me luck all. anyone else with a late sept surgery date??
      Age 25 male
      Upstate NY
      T3-L3 fusion for 80's degrees kyphosis
      Anterior 9/21/10 & posterior 9/28/10
      Post op degrees soon to come

Comment

Working...
      X