No announcement yet.

Valium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

none of the pain meds knock me out, unfortunately! none...not oxy, not hydrocodone...dont know about morphine, as i'm too busy throwing it up to fall asleep nothing knocks me out..benadryl makes my heart race...found out the hard way one time for an allergic reaction! cant take the stuff!
    only thing knocks me out are sleeping pills, and even those dont work as well as they used to...body can get used to any medication, i'm sad to say...

jess
    Last edited by jrnyc; 05-31-2010, 07:00 PM.

Comment

For Jess or any other desperate insomniacs

OK there's one failself, Jess,

It's what I use PRN (and the only thing that finally got me to sleep after detox) Note, this is after using a combination of Klonopin (anxiety), Ambien (sleep onset) and Neurontin (sleep maintenance in proper sleep cycles) for over ten years - until Ambien stopped working.

Of course, you can fight almost anything, especially if you don't lie down to sleep (and observe :good sleep hygiene", as hard as that is...). I know by insomnia!

Low dose Seroquel 25-50mg will knock you out. In a pinch to overcome the "phobia" , you might need to go as high as 100 mg to start (need to prove to your body and mind, that you CAN sleep!) Now that I have "proven" it, I'm able to sklp it almost all the time, as long as I actually go to bed, read something relaxing, keep the lights low, etc...

As you probably know, this is in the class of atypical anti-psychotics used at doses ten - fifty+ times higher. But it's used in very low-doses for serious insomnia. Pricy but your insurance is probably better than mine. If you get the 100 mg pills they cost the same as 25 mg, and they can be shattered into approximate doses. Very safe.

ZZZZZZZZ
      Last edited by Back-out; 05-31-2010, 11:30 PM.
      Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
      Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
      main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
      Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

Hi Amanda
        thanks anyway, for trying to help with the suggestion...but i wouldnt touch seroquel...ever!

have a good nite
        jess

Comment

Working...
        X