No announcement yet.

What does a big surgery like this cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hope you hit the next "up" part really soon! and maybe call again on Monday..

jess

Comment

Thanks Jess

I hope so as well

Comment

Hope you are feeling much better today Melissa.
        Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
        Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
        T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
        Osteotomies and Laminectomies
        Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

wow!!

I just finished reading your entire question and answers. I am having 2 surgeries = 1st from the front for the base of the spine with 3 surgeons and the 2nd from the bask to correct the rest of the spine and maybe remove my existing rod from 1976.

I guess I am too blonde right now. I thought maybe $100,000 for all. I am more worried with getting prepared mentally and with my 3 boys at home and never gave the cost a second thought.

Our insurance only pays 80% and we are stuck with the rest of the bill. HOLY CRAP!!! That will be a big bill.

We are a single income family. We'll have to wait and see what this will look like but thanks for the question and all the answers.
          Barb

11/1976 15th B-day
          Fusion with Harrington Rod, Milw, WI
          T4 to L4
          Pre-Surgery: 76 & 80
          Post-Surgery: 18 & 21

5/2010 48 yrs old, Thornton, CO
          Flat Back, severe arthritis on bottom, severe pain & can barely walk

7/13/2010 surgery - anterior
          7/27/2010 surgery - posterior
          8/30/2010 infection in abdomen surgery - 5 in hole
          10/28/2010 infection surgery - bigger hole
          11/03/2010 more infection surgery (18 cm by 14 cm hole), 20 lbs of flesch & tissue removed & wound vac attached

Comment

Originally posted by coscottsx61 View Post
            I just finished reading your entire question and answers. I am having 2 surgeries = 1st from the front for the base of the spine with 3 surgeons and the 2nd from the bask to correct the rest of the spine and maybe remove my existing rod from 1976.

I guess I am too blonde right now. I thought maybe $100,000 for all. I am more worried with getting prepared mentally and with my 3 boys at home and never gave the cost a second thought.

Our insurance only pays 80% and we are stuck with the rest of the bill. HOLY CRAP!!! That will be a big bill.

We are a single income family. We'll have to wait and see what this will look like but thanks for the question and all the answers.
            Hi Jill...

You might want to check your insurance plan. I think that there is often an annual cap on the 20%.

--Linda
            Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
            Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by coscottsx61 View Post

What ever the balance is you can work it out . We have most likely $50,000 worth of other medical bills and as long as we send them a small amount monthly they are OK with it

Melissa

Comment

Thanks everyone for the good wishes

I am going to call my surgeon tomorrow as the pain is still there

Melissa

Comment

Working...
                X