Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was about to get an inversion table, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mmmmm...i cant sit on one of those exercise balls...my back is so unstable and so much pain...my discs are so damaged...and spine so "stenosed"(i made that one up for "stenosis") the ball threw my body all off.......i got rigid with fear and any movement became impossible...my trainer in NYC at the gym tried it once with me...and never again! i couldnt sit on it, lay on it, roll on it, or anything else!
    i swear that i could hear my vertebrae making clicking noises as they shifted to try to accommodate that stupid ball!

kudos to those that it helps!

jess
    Last edited by jrnyc; 05-09-2010, 03:30 AM.

Comment

My vertebrae click too when I stretch! click, click, clickety - THUD - click...etc.
      Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
      Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
      main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
      Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

we got an inversion table for $50 it was on clearance so we got a deal.

Amb is in a brace now and she does shroth with hanging and traction, massage, and the inverter table.

She says it helps her back feel better.

I like the idea of stretching in the pool that sounds safe for post surgery, might want to ask your surgeon that ??
        age 15
        Daughter diagnosed at age 13
        T20 l23 10-09
        T27 L27 1/2010

T10 L 20 in brace 4/2010
        T22 L25 12/2010 out of brace
        T24 L25 7/2011 out of brace

Type 1 diabetes- pumping
        Wearing a Boston brace and Schroth therapy
        Faith, Hope, and Love- the greatest of these is Love

Comment

clearance and PLANNING

doodie:
          Then I moved and didn't have quite the ceiling clearance that I had so I sold it! boo!
          AKHH!

Another major consideration. Those mothers are BIG. My ceiings are a few inches below average.

Thank YOU! Must measure. This is why one must REALLY think these things through. I find the best way to plan is to visualize going through all the motions of what one needs to do (in the case of surgery, WILL need to do). Hence so many questions.

Just remembering one Halloween - fortunately not too chilly - when the trickertreaters had to have a treats basket passed back and forth around a large fridge, stuck in the front door. Bought second hand as a back-up for the basement and NOT measured properly!

Fortunately, we were able later to get it in through the garage.

And then there were the famous stories in Israel where I used to live. Sometimes the architects of new housing developments didn't plan too well, when the early settlements were being erected lickety split (On their own uncontested land, that is. Not settlements like now - another discussion. Not all Israelis think they're such a cool idea FWIW. A minority, in fact. )

Awful cautionary tales were many. Like the apartment building where they made all the bathrooms (loos, in Brit) so tight you had to stand squashed in one corner, to open and shut the door, before sitting. And one where you had to turn your knees a bit to the side.

Anyhow, I'm trying to think this through as carefully as I can. Not just the inversion table (that's an afterthought - though I don't want to create a nuisance for myself with yet another big THING around here. One I might not be able to use - or even set up )

It's the surgery. Even if it's inevitable, I want to know what I'm going to be able to do and not. Practical planning is part of it but EMOTIONAL preparedness is at least as important. Survival - not just of body, but soul - involves both (for me anyhow). Over and again, it hits me - the irreversibility. No, "oops I forget to bring X on the trip..." You're there, and have to make do. Without.
          Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
          Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
          main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
          Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

Working...
          X