Meds not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LynetteG View Post
    Hi Rich - Sorry to hear you're having pain in your quad also. You said that sometimes the pain gets pretty bad. I wondered how does the pain normally feel? For me I had no anterior incision, only posterior incision. The pain in my quad is constantly severe, no letup. For instance, in the shower if I want to wash under my right foot, I try to bend my right leg, and I can't bend my leg more than an inch without excruciating pain. I can't sit on the toilet seat (sorry to be graphic) without excruciating pain, or sit on the bed to read stories to my boys without excruciating pain, or sit anywhere for that matter. I can't walk without excruciating pain, it's getting worse by the day. So now I'm finally getting this myelogram on Tuesday morning, and hopefully I'll find out what's causing this horrible pain, I just hope to God I'm not told this pain will never go away, I couldn't stand it - I could not live with this pain forever. It affects my every day in everything that I do. I have a high pain tolerance, and nothing has ever hit me this bad.
    It's great to hear from you. I'm really upset that they can't give you SOMETHING to alleviate this pain until you get your test done! It's frustrating to hear about. There are meds out there I'm sure that can at least take the edge off. They have some pretty powerful stuff nowdays. Even if you only took it at night so you could get some good rest.
    Be happy!
    We don't know what tomorrow brings,
    but we are alive today!

Comment

Really, really sorry about this, Lynette. Wish we were all there to help you out. Please know that you are on my mind and in my prayers.

Big Hugs, carefully
      Amy
      58 yrs old, diagnosed at 31, never braced
      Measured T-64, L-65 in 2009
      Measured T-57, L-56 in 2010, different doc
      2 lumbar levels spondylolisthesis
      Exercising to correct

Comment

Oh Lynnette, i wish there was something that could give you relief from your pain.I hope Tuesday brings us both pain relief

Melissa

Comment

SO sorry, Lynnette! Sounds like hell - the pain and worry, too! And so hard to be a mom of lively youngsters at the same time. I remember having terrible Urinary tract infections after my first child was born, and trying not to cry in front of him...
          Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
          Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
          main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
          Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

Thanks everyone for all your sweet supportive words - it all helps . Tomorrow I will hopefully find out more after my myelogram. When my kids hug me and tell me they love me, that helps Luckily I have a high pain tolerance, so I can deal with this pretty well most of the time .

Melissa I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, you'll be sleeping of course most of the day tomorrow
            Lynette - 44 years old.

Pre-surgery thoracic 55 degrees
            Pre-surgery lumbar 85 degrees

Post-surgery thoracic 19 degrees
            Post-surgery lumbar 27 degrees

Surgery April 1st 2010.

Posterior spinal fusion from T9 to sacrum.
            Dr. Cronen at University Community Hospital - Tampa, FL.

Comment

Originally posted by LynetteG View Post
              Thanks everyone for all your sweet supportive words - it all helps . Tomorrow I will hopefully find out more after my myelogram. When my kids hug me and tell me they love me, that helps Luckily I have a high pain tolerance, so I can deal with this pretty well most of the time .

Melissa I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, you'll be sleeping of course most of the day tomorrow
              Thanks lynette Hope they find the reason for your pain and help you

melissa

Comment

Working...
              X