mums having surgery, with young children to take care of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fandango,

The "Zappo's" website carries MBT shoes, and they have an amazing return policy...I believe you can return items for up to a year, and there are no shipping charges either direction. I find it to be a great resource. You could try the shoes around your home, carefully- on carpet etc. They also show several sale models.

Hope it all resolves for you. Ouch.
    Amy
    58 yrs old, diagnosed at 31, never braced
    Measured T-64, L-65 in 2009
    Measured T-57, L-56 in 2010, different doc
    2 lumbar levels spondylolisthesis
    Exercising to correct

Comment

Originally posted by fandango View Post
      Uggghhhh... did any of you get Symphasis Pubic Dysfunction?

I already referred to it in an earlier post - i had it when I was pregnant with my daughter 5 years ago.
      I am only 3 months pregnant and I can already feel it starting.
      I have an appointment to see a chiropractor on Tuesday (my original 1 is on maternity leave - i hope this one is as good). I guess it happens because I am already misaligned with having kyphosis. I would guess it is pretty common amongst us?

Annnyyyhow - any one had SPD and/or tried MBT shoes?
      Thanks
      I did, but I had my last baby 17 1/2 years ago. They didn't do anything for me. Like I said, it didn't get really bad until the last month. But I'm guessing that it's pretty common amongst us scoli moms because scoliosis is related to connective tissue disorders. My joints are very floppy without adding relaxin to the mix. I'm thinking that IF my surgeon will agree to do surgery now, then I'll need revision to remove hardware - he's convinced. I'll be about 43 when I'm all done. That's really pushing it, but hubby and I have been trying for 6 years to have a baby and lost 4, probably due to the pain meds I was on. I found out from the RE (reproductive endocrinologist) that NSAIDS and benzodiazapines cause embryo damage. Thus, this is probably why I lost all of our babies. I thought I was being safe by trying to manage my pain with ibuprofen. So just a word of advice. Stay away from the NSAIDS unless you OB okay's it. My GP thought the meds were fine, but they weren't. I also might be too old to try when I'm all 'done' with surgeries, but I don't give up easily. All my hormone levels, thus far say I'm reproductively in my 20's or early 30's, so there is still hope. There's no way I can handle it by myself, though if I don't do something about the pain. My dear grandson just got a new stroller that flips open, so he can safely climb in. It's a larger stroller that is easier for me to push. I HATE the umbrella strollers because I have to lean down to push them. It really kills the back. Again, best wishes to all!
      Be happy!
      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
      but we are alive today!

Comment

that's a bit disturbing I think, that your GP wasn't aware of the danger of ibuprofen and NSAIDs in pregnancy! Where are you? in the UK? my GP gave me codeine to replace ibuprofen when I got pregnant but I have to wean off it in the last trimester or have a junkie baby.
        I'm really sorry for your losses, I had 1 miscarriage, it's really sad. I hope you have success now you are off the NAIDS, wishing you strength

Comment

Hi Tiffany

I noticed you are from Reading, PA. Who is your surgeon?
          Lori in PA, 52 yrs. old
          T54/L72
          Surgery 6/7/11, T3-S1, all posterior, with pelvic anchors
          Gained 2 inches!
          Dr. Boachie, HSS, NYC
          12/10/13 Hardware Removal for infection
          Lost 2", gained PJK!

Comment

Working...
          X