Walking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lynnette,

Like others I was pacing around the house as soon as I got home and walking outside as soon as the weather allowed. I walked 3 times a day, slowly and carefully, and just tried to keep increasing it a little bit each week. Slow and careful wins here. I found pushing too hard set me back a few days. By the end of a month I was walking a total of 3-5 miles a day.

The meds do mess up your body temperature and cause sweating. Many of them can also make it hard to get a good sleep. All of that should improve. Like Linda said, the sweating could also possibly be an infection so be sure to tell the doctor about it.

Also, I sure was uncomfortable but I would not say that I was complaining about so much pain. By the time I went home, my meds were doing a pretty good job of controlling real pain. I remember waking up because I had to move -- that did hurt. But other than that I didn't have that much pain. If you are hurting a lot, I would report that to your doctor as well.

Take care and keep smiling. You have much to look forward to.

Sheri
    At age 56 my curves measured: 48/60/30 with lots of rotation and getting worse
    Posterior fusion T5-L4 June 30, 2009
    Excellent correction

Comment

Lynette,

I cannot add anything except to say that I am glad that you are home

Melissa

Comment

Working...
      X