No announcement yet.

Doctor said I'm past the age for sugery?? Need advice + Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi curious and welsome to the forum. Don't know where your doctor hails from! I was 44 when i had surgery and my surgeon operated on a 78yr old man the week before mine! Oh and get this.... he had a longer fusion than mine! My surgery was only 6 hours compared to his that was 13 hours. Seek someone more knowledgeable please!!!!!!!!! What a joke... is he going to prescribe Glucosamine and Chondroitin next?
    Vali
    44 years young! now 45
    Surgery - June 1st, 2009
    Dr David Hall - Adelaide Spine Clinic
    St. Andrews Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
    Pre-op curve - 58 degree lumbar
    Post -op - 5 degrees
    T11 - S1 Posterior
    L4/5 - L5/S1 Anterior Fusion

Comment

Wow, I've missed so much in just a few short weeks. Been very busy w/ my Mother.

But I could not get this thread out of my head. It still needs to be on page 1.

My surgeon knew about this forum back in when I had my surgery back in '05.
      Which made me very happy.

The anger that I have over this subject is sometimes consuming. I still can't wrap my brain cells, that are left, around this. I think it's a damn shame that there are still ortho's and neurologists that have less knowledge than we have???

Don't they have to go to seminars to keep their "field" knowledge up to date??? And I don't mean a specialty. If they deal with the spine or any bone connected to it, they should be somewhat aware of this condition. Hell I can walk through a mall and tell if someone has a spinal problem.
      I think if your middle finger is crooked, it must be broken!!!

Sorry I rambled,
      Shari

Comment

RitaR
        So, not sure why your dr says your past the age.
        Because he is a moron. I thought we'd established that!
        Last edited by Back-out; 04-29-2010, 06:29 AM. Reason: forgot to attribute quote
        Not all diagnosed (still having tests and consults) but so far:
        Ehler-Danlos (hyper-mobility) syndrome, 69 - somehow,
        main curve L Cobb 60, compensating T curve ~ 30
        Flat back, marked lumbar kyphosis (grade?) Spondilolisthesis - everyone gives this a different grade too. Cervical stenosis op'd 3-07, minimally invasive

Comment

Working...
        X