No announcement yet.

excercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to see some research on swimming, and whether it would benefit those with scoliosis or not. It's something I've been thinking of starting...

Comment

It's late and i'm about to go to bed, i haven't read this whole thread, and i'm gonna jump in..

fandango, being we're both in a similar boat (i know from my main thread of first time surgery section for those of you who don't know), i can tell you what helps me the most right now with my kypho. The seated row machine is the best. Sit down, grab the handles. A tip from my pt which helps a lot: before you do the full pull in, first pull back with your SHOULDERS only, keeping your elbows straight. This way it works the muscles while in a better and more correct position. Then breathe in while pulling back, breathe out while returning the handles. Massages are the second best thing. Third, if you need a good cracking, which i do often, search online for a 3 foot by 6 inch hard foam roll. Once you get it, you'll figure out how to use it. Lay your back on it where your curve is and will crack like crazy. Make sure to hamstring stretch every day, as hard and a pain it can be. It's a very slow process to see progress with hamstring stretches for kypho (with me anyways), but i try to keep it up.. Hopefully these few things will get you a little better while looking into your surgery. Good luck to us both, feel free to pm me
      Last edited by Ryy; 02-04-2010, 12:28 AM.
      Age 25 male
      Upstate NY
      T3-L3 fusion for 80's degrees kyphosis
      Anterior 9/21/10 & posterior 9/28/10
      Post op degrees soon to come

Comment

Working...
      X