Schroth question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qikdraw View Post
    My wife & I were talking last night about schroth and what it does, she asked me a very interesting question and I thought I would see if anyone had an answer.

My wife's question was this...

If a young girl, say 12 years old, starts doing the schroth exercises and continues with them for many years, but then gets pregnant. Her baby doctor says she must not exercise because of difficulties with the pregnancy. Will the years of schroth exercises and the toning of muscles in the back help keep her spine stationary during the course of the pregnancy?

We know that some women's curves do get worse during pregnancy, so we're just curious. Not that it would effect me! I think I'm too late, and the wrong gender. lol

Brad
    I think that's a great question Q-D and i follow your thinking. Unless mom was on bed rest for nine months i would think, generally speaking, that not much would be lost by way of what was achieved with any exercise, including Schroth as long as one was normally active. If she was on bed rest for nine months, then it would make sense that she would lose muscle tone etc like anyone else?

Now - what i wonder is how long anyone could go after achieving certain results (by any exercise means) before they began to deteriorate in any significant fashion. It would make sense, i think, that the better shape one is in - the longer it would take and that these answers may depend also upon genetics, life style, etc.

At the recommendation of Emmy, I've ordered the Schroth Bible .. it should arrive next week, and i'll see if there is anything in there about such things & post again if i find something. Interesting to me as when i approach the point where i wean from brace, i will certainly want tools to help me maintain any success i've been able to experience.

As for curves progressing during pregnancy - that doesn't always happen, but certainly a concern.

Comment

Working...
    X