What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by discombobulated View Post
    (snip) I'm still worried about what I'd call out-dated/misinformation/critical omissions, but it is great to at least know where the references came from. Thanks
    It's great for EVERYONE to know that these seemingly quacky claims come from Hawes' book.

By the way, I pointed to your analysis of Clear/Hawes on this forum in my email to Quackwatch because I thought you did an excellent, logical, well reasoned argument.

I predict The Clear Institute website and Martha Hawes' book and method are going to be poster children in the near future on Quackwatch and Chirobase.

In re FixScoliosis, he certainly does not appear to be in the same mold, let's say, as the other people in that field who have posted here. I consider him evidence-driven, open-minded, and interested in critical thinking. Those qualities are notably absent from certain other PT and chiro types in these waters.
    Last edited by Pooka1; 01-15-2009, 06:32 AM.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
      In re FixScoliosis, he certainly does not appear to be in the same mold, let's say, as the other people in that field who have posted here. I consider him evidence-driven, open-minded, and interested in critical thinking. Those qualities are notably absent from certain other PT and chiro types in these waters.
      Hear, hear! I have found some very interesting reading via his website.

Sharon, re Scoliosis SOS and Scoliogold (r) (somewhere else, I know, but no time to look ) - this link shows the kind of situation that scares me... http://www.scoliosis-support.org/sho...006#post117006 People getting their hopes up & spending money they don't have.

Sorry to interrupt! Please carry on...

Laura
      UK based Mum of Imogen, 38 degree curve at 9 years old. SpineCor since 15/6/07, 31 degrees in brace.
      10th December 07 - 27 degrees, 23rd June 08 - 26 degrees, Feb 09 - 24 degrees, Aug 09 - 35 degrees, Jul 10 - 47 degrees, Dec 10 - 50+ degrees.
      Surgery due to take place early December 2011 at the RNOH, England.

Comment

Originally posted by RugbyLaura View Post
        Hear, hear! I have found some very interesting reading via his website.

Sharon, re Scoliosis SOS and Scoliogold (r) (somewhere else, I know, but no time to look ) - this link shows the kind of situation that scares me... http://www.scoliosis-support.org/sho...006#post117006 People getting their hopes up & spending money they don't have.
        That's sad. Unfortunately, even if/when these sites are listed on Quackwatch/Chirobase, desperate folks will still be fleeced.

Sorry to interrupt! Please carry on...
        You're not interrupting. You're in the "club," silly!
        Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
        Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
        X