Hello and Happy Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gerry View Post
    [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]A guy with a sense of humor!!!
    Shocking isn't it?

Originally posted by Susie*Bee View Post
    Gerry and Qikdraw-- you were both just what I needed when I got home from doing some work at school
    Have you tried a glass of wine? I don't think I'll be able to have a quip ready for your every evening when you get back from work...

You both have wonderful senses of humor. (Or am I just that tired???)
    Speaking for myself... You're probably just that tired.

Brad
    Surgeries July 26th & August 3rd 1983 (12 years old)
    Still have 57 degree curve
    2 Harrington rods
    Luque method used
    Dr David Bradford
    Twin Cities Scoliosis Center
    Preop xray (with brace on)
    Postop xray

Comment

Susie*Bee, I'd go for the wine, if I were you!
      TIMING IS EVERYTHING!

Comment

Hi Gerry,
        Nice to meet you. I read your post and was very touched by it. With all of the difficulties you have had, you have a wonderful attitude and are an inspiration to us all. I loved your wedding picture. Where in New York do you live? I am from New York State also. I grew up in Middleburg, NY, population about 1000 people, went to college in Rochester, NY, married and lived in Williamson, NY. We moved to Massachusettes 32 years ago.
        Sally
        Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
        Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
        Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
        Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
        New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
        Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Hi, loves to skate! I learned a long time ago that a good attitude was the only way to go. That doesn't mean I don't get frustrated too, and wonder what my future holds, and when it will be over. None of us can handle things perfectly, but I do try.

I was born and brought up in Utica, NY (Sin City, as it was once known). Then when I met Adam (I'll have to tell you about that sometime), he lived near Buffalo, NY. We were married out here near Buffalo and will celebrate our 24th anniversary just a few days from now.....8-4-08. I'm shooting for the big 25th. Let's see if I can make it. I was 48 yrs of age when I married.

My grandmother was born and raised in Southbridge, Massachusetts. Is that near you?

TIMING IS EVERYTHING!

Comment

Hi Gerry,

I also was born in Utica, St. Lukes Hospital, but never lived there. I never knew it was known as Sin City. The things my Mother never told me! My Mother's Mother lived in Utica. My Mother was a Lewis, a very common last name. We are at the crossroads of Rt 95 and 495 halfway between Providence, RI and Boston, so not really near Southbridge. It is always fun to find out where other people are from and so often, you find out you have something in common with that other person.

You wouldn't be human if you didn't get frustrated now and then with your circomstances. This is where our faith in God comes to play.

Take care, Sally
            Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
            Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
            Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
            Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
            New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
            Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Small world

Hi Sally....

When I speak of Sin City, that was in the 1950's when there was so much corruption in the police department. You were probably not in Utica then. Utica is also the birth place of Annette Funicello (A Disney Mouseketeer). I know where St. Luke's Hospital is now, but it was on Whitesboro Street when you were born. It has been a much bigger hospital for many many years on Champlin Avenue.

It's a small world, isn't it?
              TIMING IS EVERYTHING!

Comment

Originally posted by Qikdraw View Post
                I think we should bring back some old terms and make them popular.

Gird your loins and hide your girth, now thats swell!

Ok, maybe not. lol

Brad
                haahaa.
                Valerie

Hi, my name is Valerie, but you can call me Val or V.
                I wore a Boston Brace from 2007-2010
                My curves were 30 and 31
                I now have only a single curve which stands at 35 degrees.
                I owe all of my blessings to The Lord!
                I am very thankful with where my spine is at right now.
                I want to meet some new people on this forum!
                Don't be shy...
                Feel free to message me if you would like to chat!

Comment

Working...
                X