No announcement yet.

Tattoos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah - laff ... yet another thing I forgot to post here that Hanson cleared me for another thing 4/1/08 at 8 weeks ... more ink!

The first one I'm getting is an USMC daughter/sister/mother one around my upper bicep.

The scoli one will take more work and design. If *anything* it won't cover the scar (I earned that bi***!) ... it'll be the focal point.

Regards,
    Pam
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Comment

Originally posted by Mobee211
      I got this tattoo in memory of my mother. She fought a tremendous battle with breast cancer for 13 years. She was diagnosed at age 47 and died just after her 60th birthday. She died in July of 2007. My mother was my best friend in the whole world. I got this tattoo 2 days after she passed away. It is on my lower back and is very special to me.
      Mobee,

I just want to say that what you wrote really hit home. I'm 48 and have a daughter about to turn 17 (a little older than you were when your mom was first diagnosed I guess). We're pretty close and she talks to me all the time.

I just wanted to say that I think your tattoo is such an awesome and special tribute to your mom. And my sincere condolences on your loss.

Hugs,
      mariaf305@yahoo.com
      Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
      Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Aw, thanks Maria
        28 years old. Dx at age 14.

1994 20T/20L
        1998 22T/20L
        2002 30T/28L
        2006 34T/28L
        2008 43T/34L

considering surgery in the near future as the curvature is getting progressively worse and for pain management.

XRAYS and pics at 28 years old. http://www.freewebs.com/skiergirl24/apps/photos/

Comment

the tattoo I would get

I personally am not a tattoo fan myself. But my husband and I were joking about it. If you count my internal bone stimulator removal(not listed below) I have been cut open 6 times in 10 years. We joked about getting a big zipper all the way down my spine over my scar and a pad lock at the bottom.haha. I wouldnt really do it though. I am soooo exhausted from surgery unless something goes terribly wrong....... wheelchair bound or pain soo bad I wish I were dead(I would never act on that very against my religion and I wouldnt do that to my hubby or kids., I will not be cut open again. It comes to a point that your body just cant take anymore!

2000- spinal fusion w inst. t-2 L-4
          2002 top1/2 rod removal due to rods loose and protruding at the top
          2004 bottom rod removal due to pain starting to protrude
          2007 spinal fusion t-9 to L-5 due to kyphosis and leaning forward(made it worse)
          2009 oct 15th rod removal,repair of fusion new rods t2 to pelvis with osteotomies

Comment

Hi Idwest
            wow...that is an awful lot of surgery! i have had surgeries, but not on my back....yet...another consult for that january 27th in CA....

dont blame you for not wanting any more...but that zipper & lock thing sounds really good...then if anything went wrong, they can just unlock the zipper, fix you up, & zip you up again! so much more convenient!!

best of luck
            jess

Comment

Originally posted by lisanicole View Post
              Hello everyone!

I posted about a year ago, asking if there was anyone out there with scoliosis or had scoliosis surgery, that have tattoos on their back, but didn't get much of a response. I got a tattoo about a year ago (as you can see in the picture in my profile) to celebrate my back and everything I've gone through as a scoliosis patient, and I was wondering if there are anymore of you out there! If so, put up a pic and let's share them!

xo
              I love it! it's beautiful and what a great tribute to your journey!

Comment

Working...
              X