No announcement yet.

One breast smaller than the other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You really should give a man some more credit, December. Some of us aren't that shallow. That kinda thing wouldn't really make any difference to me or any one of my friends. I know that chicks are very concerned with their appearance, more so than they should be in many cases. And hell, I'm 26... Couldn't imagine never being with anyone at this age. Don't be afraid. We're not all scumdogs.

-BAdNoN

Comment

Wow...thanks

Thanks, guys. Your comments have really been helping me as I work on my self-esteem regarding my scoliosis. Can't wait to find the right guy so I can face my fears.

Comment

Hi December! ~ Wow! I just read all of these posts for the first time! I thought that I was the only one in the whole world who has one boob a LOT smaller than the other boob! I've never talked to any one about my boob problem and I am 60 years old! You have all done wonders for me! ~ I have been happily married for 33 years, but I've always been self-conscious about my uneven breasts... My husband has always told me to stop being so silly about it. He even went so far as to ask me if I've ever noticed that one of his "items" is smaller than the other one! (hee hee)! When I was in my teens and 20's, life was much different. Back in the late 50's and early 60's, "petting" and "making out" was the big thing... which was usually done in the dark at a drive-in! So, I can't really relate to the active sex scene which is very common today... I'm kind of thankful that I dated back then and not now. I never had to worry about letting anyone see me naked... but I'm so thankful that all of you have shared this situation. As everything in life... it's nice to know that we are not alone! ~ I have had 4 baby girls and I nursed them all successfully! My tiny, uneven "boobs" have served their REAL purpose! ~ Also please remember that there are many women who are walking this Earth with ZERO boobs due to mastectomies because of breast cancer... We need to be thankful for what we have! God Bless!
        ~ Irene ~
        Lumbosacral Scoliosis: Corrective surgery (12 hours anterior and posterior) on June 19, 2002 at age 56; Surgeon: Lawrence G. Lenke; Hospital: Barnes in St. Louis, Missouri; Pre-Op 58/56 degrees "S" curve; Post-Op: 40/33 degrees; Fusion: T-11 to S1

Comment

Irene youre so funny, don't give up that spirit

My mom who's 63 was telling me about the "necking" she used to do on Mount Royal(in the car) with my dad one time, and I thought I was gonna die, lmao!
          35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
          Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
          Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
          Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
          Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Thanks, Sweetness! Laughter is the best medicine, and since I started taking the serotonin enhancer "Lexapro", I'm doing a lot more of it! Feeling happier mentally makes is easier to handle this pain and discomfort of my "suit of armor"! (Now remember... "necking" only and hands outside the clothes"!!) ~giggle~
            ~ Irene ~
            Lumbosacral Scoliosis: Corrective surgery (12 hours anterior and posterior) on June 19, 2002 at age 56; Surgeon: Lawrence G. Lenke; Hospital: Barnes in St. Louis, Missouri; Pre-Op 58/56 degrees "S" curve; Post-Op: 40/33 degrees; Fusion: T-11 to S1

Comment

Hehe

Irene, if you don't mind me asking, what are you taking serotonin for?
              Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
              Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
              Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Sweetness,
                Irene is taking Lexapro, a tranqulizer, which enhances her levels of a natural occuring hormone in the brain called serotonin
                SandyC

Comment

Hey Sweet-Sweetness! Hi there Sandy! ~ My doctor put me on Lexapro for my depression and I was told it's not a "tranquilizer"... It just helps my brain to produce "serotonin", which is a chemical that our brain produces (which we all have) that gives us a feeling of happiness. My depression has been due to all the pain I've been in for a very long time. Whatever the drug is, it's a miracle for me at the present time. I have actually gotten out of bed for about the past 10 days without the strong desire to stay there all day! Pain can cause severe depression... It did for me... I'm happy to say that I can actually get through the day without crying. My husband told me that he really notices a difference (for the better) in my attitude! If any of you are suffering from depression, please ask your family doctor about Lexapro... or Celexa... or one of those! Thanks for listening!
                  ~ Irene ~

Comment

Irene,
                    I was on Lexapro for nearly 2 years.....great stuff. It really helped with coping with chronic pain
                    SandyC

Comment

hey

i don't know why i've never written on here because subject is exactly me! i'm seventeen and of course i feel self conscious about it but i wear a padded bra with extra on one side and none on the other to balance it out and are told they look nice! i've never been in a situation where someone saw them without my magic bra, but am a little anxious for when this situation arises but if they can get over my rib hump, other things should be a snap!

Comment

Good Attitude

Great attitude, Dancer! Keep it up! ~ ~ ...and Sandy... I'm curious... Why did you stop taking the Lexapro?
                        ~ Irene ~

Comment

Irene,
                          In 2002 I had A/P surgery and became the poster child for "if it could go wrong...... " I had an MI (heart attack) in the recovery room after the anterior incision. After every cardiac test known to man it was decided to go ahead with the posterior incision a week later. I developed CHF (congestive heart failure) on the 3rd day post op. Four months after all that my posterior incision opened up...I had developed MRSA. Somewhere between the PICC Lines and 6 surgeries in 8 months I developed a really bad case of depresson . Flash forward a couple of years to today, any pain that I have is well controlled with Neurton, and muscle relaxants. I weaned myself off simple because I wanted to reduce the amount of meds I was taking. Oh, I was 53 at the time, not what I would consider a geriatric patient . I had no history of heart diease.
                          SandyC

Comment

I'm happy that such a drug is helping some of you, I can understand how it must feel. I for one am a very upbeat type of person who laughs at myself and everything but when the pain gets too much, like it does now, I believe I am depressed as well. It's good to know that there are meds that can help, as I will wait to get surgery and take care of my situation but it's always good to know. I did take some anti depressants once for a few weeks in my teens, but they put me to sleep and I thought all types did.

Sandy, I'm so sorry for your ordeal and all the operations you went through. You're a fighter and I'm happy that you are doing well

Comment

Crooked Everything!

Well, I know we've gotten off the subject of "one breast smaller than the other", but I guess it's all inclusive! My spine is crooked, my hips are crooked, so why shouldn't my breasts be crooked? ha ha! My entire yucky body depresses me, but it's very easy to handle when compared to the pressure and squeezing I feel in my spine from all the rods and screws! If Lexapro keeps helping my mental attitude the way it's presently doing, I shall stay on the stuff!

Sandy, I'm so, so sorry for what you've been through. I had no idea. God Bless You. Keep taking whatever works!

Sweetness, I'm 5'9" tall and I weigh 138 lbs. I take one 10 mg tablet of Lexapro daily... and it does not make me sleepy at all. It's just giving me a marvelous attitude! I hope you ask your doctor about it!
                              ~ Irene ~

Comment

I will try to take care of my pains through surgery, but will think about it if the pains remain in the future. What a great drug, I'm sure Tom Cruise would curse it, LOL

Speaking about body issues, before the surgery my left breast was bigger than the right, and I had a hump, plus some weird shape with my front rib cage, all that is gone except my rib hump, that is less visible but still there a bit. The thing with me, is that the orthos an doctors are often saying what a nice job my surgeon did, and how good my back and body looks, but I would prefer not having any pain I do see that I must have lucked out on that issue though, as even before my surgery I never cared about my hump, dressed sexy if I wanted to, and maybe it was because I had lordosis and it wasn't as noticebale. My legs and shoulders were always even as well. The surgery did make me some gain weight though(I used to be stick thin), I don't know if it's due to the fact that I'm straighter or older And all the exercises I do don't help...

Comment

Working...
                                X