Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about why scoliosis pain is burning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpineTime View Post
    One of my favorite ways to stretch is by using an exercise ball. In fact, this thread reminded me of it, so I just used it to stretch and thought "Why am I not doing this more often?!" I like to have the exercise ball underneath me, around the stomach/hip area, with my arms and legs out (almost like in a postion to do a push-up) then move my hips to the left, then to the right to stretch the back. It feels fantastic. I do have kind of small exercise ball, not one of the bigger ones, and I think it let's me stretch more than a bigger one would, but I don't know. The relief doesn't last, of course, but feels good while you do it.
    Not quite sure how to do this, but I will try. Thanks!
    Susan
    Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
    2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
    2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
    2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
    2018: Removal L4,5 screw
    2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Thanks for the exercise suggestions!!!!
      Susan
      Adult Onset Degen Scoliosis @65, 25* T & 36* L w/ 11.2 cm coronal balance; T kyphosis 90*; Sev disc degen T & L stenosis

2013: T3- S1 Fusion w/ ALIF L4-S1/XLIF L2-4, PSF T4-S1 2 surgeries
      2014: Hernia @ ALIF repaired; Emergency screw removal SCI T4,5 sec to PJK
      2015: Rev Broken Bil T & L rods and no fusion: 2 revision surgeries; hardware P. Acnes infection
      2016: Ant/Lat Lumbar diskectomy w/ 4 cages + BMP + harvested bone
      2018: Removal L4,5 screw
      2021: Removal T1 screw & rod

Comment

Originally posted by susancook View Post
        Not quite sure how to do this, but I will try. Thanks!
        Susan
        I tried to find a video or picture to describe this stretch better, but I couldn't. It's just something I came up with on my own. I got the exercise ball for exercise purposes, but I see if you do a search online, there are also a lot of stretches that can be done with it too. I will have to try some of them!

If you go to this page: http://www.gofit.net/pro-stability-balls.php and scroll down near the bottom where it shows the exercise called "Reverse Hyperextension," the way I position my arms is like that, and the position of the ball is similar to that, but the ball is higher up, under my stomach/pelvis. Then my legs are straight out, with the tips of my toes touching the floor (or you could have the tops of your feet resting on the floor). I have my legs about shoulder-width apart, or more (just experiment to see what feels best). Then shift your hips to the right, then the left. You're sort of in a U-shape around the ball. I hope that makes sense!

By the way, I don't recommend ever doing that "Reverse Hyperextension" exercise, and I *especially* don't recommend doing the one shown there called "Back Hyperextension." OUCH! I've tried it in the past (more than once, cause I'm a slow learner, apparently LOL) and it always made my back hurt so bad the next day!

Comment

Working...
        X