No announcement yet.

Update on Yesterday's MRI and Dr.'s Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha Ha!!! Mamamax, your definition from Dr. House made me LAUGH! ha ha ha.... thanks for that
    34L at diagnosis; Boston Brace 1979
    Current: 50L, 28T

Comment

Originally posted by rohrer01 View Post
      Maybe someone else has tried some of these methods, and maybe not. I'm not sure what I'll do. I think it depends a lot on what the surgeon has to say.
      Hi Rohrer, I think that is a great idea; can you schedule another consultation with the neurosurgeon, or at least speak on the phone, about what the Pain Mgmt Dr. said? I would run it by him and see what he thinks. Can you get to see an SRS surgeon? I hope you can...
      34L at diagnosis; Boston Brace 1979
      Current: 50L, 28T

Comment

Another glitch in my journey

I went for a cervical MRI today at my local hospital (which is connected via computer with the bigger hospital 35 miles away). I was to follow up with a PA-C in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. By the time I got home, there was a message on my answering maching that "someone" looked at my MRI and decided that a PA-C wasn't qualified to see me and that I needed to see a doctor. They put me on a waiting list to try to get me in ASAP but couldn't actually schedule me until June 15th. I don't know what to think???? What could possibly be so bad that the PA couldn't tell me, yet not urgent enough to get me in right away?
        Be happy!
        We don't know what tomorrow brings,
        but we are alive today!

Comment

Hi Roher01--do hope you can get in before June 15. That's a long time to have to wait, not knowing what is going on.
          Glenda
          Age 66 Georgia (63 at time of surgery)
          Bi-lateral laminectomy 2006
          Kyphoscoliosis, approx 38* lumbar scoliosis, stenosis, disk herniations, lower back and hip pain, w/radiating pain, stinging and numbness in legs.
          A/P fusion (T10-S2) 5/17/10 and 5/20/10
          Dr Yoon, Emory Orthopaedic and Spine Hospital, Atlanta, GA
          Pleased with outcome

Comment

Tell me about it. I will call my Primary Care Doctor next week. By that time the "report" should be in and he can tell me what it says. I hate it that they just can't tell you over the phone. What a dumb law to say that only the doctor can tell you. I suppose that a nurse without the proper training may get the Dx wrong and freak a person out. Oh well....
            Be happy!
            We don't know what tomorrow brings,
            but we are alive today!

Comment

Working...
            X