I'm Proud Of My Scoliosis!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shark attack

haha,, that was funny. i was in a motorcycle/motorscooter accident over the summer and have a scar on my leg thats probably 4 inches wise and 9 inches long, noticable, and people ask me what happened and i come up with the oddest of stories, like i cut my shaving, thats my fav story

>> im proud of my scoliosis too. there's nothing we can do about it, and we're cool like that so poo anyone who thinks its weird or whatever.
    Diagnosed @ age 14 (now 15)

i HAVE A LOVELY SPINECOR BRACE

CUrVES* 14&&17 as of 4.22.06 (out of brace)

ATLANTA, GEORGiA

Comment

it's good that you can feel proud about having scoliosis. i don't really think it's something to be proud because i find it annoying, but if you feel that way it's good that you've accepted the way you are and are okay with having scoliosis
      Marlana
      16, Senior
      Spina Bifida
      Boston Brace for 2 years
      Spinal Fusion July 25, 2002
      Post-Op Brace for 6 months

Comment

I HATE SCOLIOSIS..... BLAH!
        -Amin-
        21/22* Curve In My Lumbar Spine
        ..under observation

Comment

hi i recognize suzyjay and kari frum spinekids. join spinekids its great. and its great you hav such a good attitude suzyjay!

Comment

It is great that you have such an optimistic view of what has happened. Keeping that mind set, in my experience, has really helped to enjoy life while dealing with scoliosis. Since I feel to my knees during a soccer championship game and could not get up I had struggled to understand and deal with what I now know to be wrong with me. It took me a year, then I was 14, to come to terms. When I did I was SO thankful I had scoliosis.

I'm not nuts!

I say this because on a visit to a local children's hospital a few years ago, I saw young kids who wouldn't live longer than a year. This really put things in perspective. I mean it is rough a lot of days, dealing with the numbing pain from my neck to my feet. But I try to think of how much worse it could be. At least I can still ride my mountain bike and hit the slopes in my rocky mountains. Sure that comes with a lot of complaints from my body, but you can't stop living right?
            "We are mdae to persist; that is how we find out who we are." Tobia Wolff

Comment

Working...
            X