Stretch marks on Back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stretch marks are quite tricky,

there are mainly two reasons to why a person get them. one of them being rapid growth in terms of weight and/or height. the other being internal scarring. the latter is more rare but it's possible, i'm not sure what the name for it is nor what causes that.

i'm subject to the first reason, i used to grow about 4 inches (10 cm) a year, and i had stretch marks on my calves. that wasn't so bad, my legs are hairy and they were barely noticable . however, about 5 years ago i had just moved to the US, and didn't know many people, it resulted in me staying home a lot and eating junk food. i gained weight quicker than i would've wanted. i'm 6'0 and weighed 180 when i moved here and after a year or two i was weighin in at a good 220-30 lbs. and it didnt stop until i hit 243, and i had to call it quits for this ridiculous weight gain. i've now gone down to 200lbs, but losing that weight is only half the battle.

i have tons of stretch marks on my chest, arm, buttocks, hips, stomache, and thighs. fortunately the areas are coverable, but i would love to walk shirtless without being stared at.

i've done a brief research on stretch marks and honestly it seems like there's nothing that can treat it, at least not through creams, as the stretch marks are in the deeper layers of the skin.

the ohnly way of removing stretch marks is by laser surgery, by going through with laser surgery, i heard you will gain other scars from the surgery. so it's like trading stretch marks with other scars.

however, fortunately there's been some talk about this new drug called Juvenista (i think...i might've mis spelled it). what it is, is that it can heal wounds without scarring. so my thoughts is that if you do have surgery to remove stretch marks, and then have a dose of that drug, it will help you heal without scarring, thus there's no trade offs.

this drug is still being tested and such and wont hit the market until 2009, but i think it's a major break through, and hopefully can be used in favor of stretch marks.

btw, i've had my stretch marks for 5 years now, so they've pretty much faded, but in certain lightings they're very visible and reddish, i wish they would just fade away completely and never change color despite the lighting. but if it's possible to remove stretch marks completely without getting new/other scars, than i won't think twice about it.

oh another thing, cocoa butter isn't so much a remedy to fading stretch marks, it should be used as a massaging lotion, i read from a webpage where it said that massaging the stretch marks with cocoa butter (which helps lessen the friction of massaaging) helps soften the scars and i guess speed up the process for it to mature and fade.

Comment

Working...
    X