Chris' surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lori,

It was so great to read your post. I am so happy you are feeling so positive and happy now. I am sure it is more difficult for a teenage boy with all of those nurses.

Nicole is a very modest, private person. She would never undress in front of me (part of the reason I never knew her back was bad) but in the hospital and right afterwards when I would help her shower, she had no modesty whatsover. I couldn't believe the change. Well, I am happy to report she is back to her modest self, "Get out, Mom." etc. I thought she had changed for good.

I am so glad you are now on this side of it, counting the days, weeks and months until one year passes.

I am happy to report that tomorrow is Nicole's 100 days post-op, but who's counting?!!!
    Melissa
    From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
    Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Lori,

I can relate to Chris's experience with nurses...Joe had to be "recathed" at one point (the thought made me cross my legs as I type) I'm glad I wasn't there, his dad had to help the nurse some how, don't want to know the details of that one!

Something occurred to me earlier today that I wanted to share with you. Wednesday the 19th was Joe's 2yr. surgery anniversary....and none of us remembered! That is something I couldn't imagine happening. It feels so good to see Joe totally back to his old self, he even carried a really heavy table for me yesterday all by himself, and I wasn't even worried about his back (well, not that much anyway). Take heart that one day you will be there too! I'm glad that in spite of everything that went on, you are happy about Chris's surgery. Take care and Happy Holidays, you really have something to celebrate!

Renee

Comment

Renee,

Happy 2 years to Joe!!!! Your stories have really made me see there will be a light. Thank you so much.

Everyone:

Thank you so much for all you do throughout the year. Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your families.
        Melissa

Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Lori

I'm so happy to hear that Chris is doing well at home now. I know you had a rough time at the hospital but you can put that all behind you now and move on with the healing. The time will go by fast now, I'm amazed that we're already past the 5 week mark and everything is going as well as everyone said it would. I laughed when you said his heart rate went up when the nurse peeked at his catheter! How embarrasing to have that heart rate monitor on at a time like that.

Melissa
          Sheena was also extremely modest before surgery and now has no qualms whatsoever when I'm in there washing her hair but I wonder if she's going to go back to her old ways too? I would just be thrilled if she wore a 2 piece this summer, what better way to celebrate her beautiful new back!

Happy holidays to all!

Comment

Nicole only wears 2-piece bathing suits. Even with her scoli, she always did. She hates one-piece.
            Melissa

Comment

Working...
            X