Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyphosis Surgery what was your correction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyphosis Surgery what was your correction?

My 15 year old son seen his doctor for his 4 week post op yesterday.He underwent posterior spinal instumentation & fusion (t3-L3) for Scheuermans Kyphosis. He is doing wonderful. Has not needed pain meds in weeks. He went back to school full time today. In five months he will be able to snowboard and snowmobile with caution if we have snow. His insision looks wonderful. He was corrected from 74 degrees to 42 degrees. I was wondering what the resuts were for others who have underwent this procedure for Kyphosis.

Kell,
    My 18 yr old daughter, was 16 at the time of her surgery, was corrected from a 88 degree curve into a 43 degree curve. I didn't realize she had Scheuerman's Kyphosis until she saw the doctor shortly after her 15th birthday. She was fused from T2-L2. Like you son, healed quickly. She was back at school three weeks post op, at her prom 4 weeks post op, and back to showing her suffolk sheep at 12 weeks post op. She also jumped over dishwasher doors, and jumped out of swings when least expected. Anyway, it is so nice to hear of someone else recovering rapidly. Congratulations on the speedy recovering and keep up the great progress.

Nikki

Comment

kell,

Like your son and Nikki's daughter (Hi Nikki!), my now 15 y.o. daughter also had a quick recovery from her surgery. Jamie was 13 y.o. at the time of her surgery, and was back at school p.t. at about 4 1/2 weeks (was given permission to return at 3 1/2 weeks, but that was the start of Christmas vacation) and back f.t. at 6 weeks. Jamie's Scoliosis before surgery was 46* and corrected to about 14* and her Kyphosis before surgery was 72* and corrected to 33*. Jamie too has a long fusion. She is fused from T3-L2.

I'm glad to hear your son is doing so well.

Mary Lou
      Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Working...
      X