nicoles 4 months check up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nicoles 4 months check up

Today I Took My Nicole For Her 4 Month Check Up. She Is Now Allowed To Swim, Ride A Bike And Bent Forward. At Six Months She Is Able To Dance Again. She Has To Wear Her Brace 20 Hours Instead Of 23 Hours. This Put A Smile On Her Face. We Still Need To Go For Physical Therapy. As Far As The Problems With The Stairs Her Leg Muscles Are Weak And Her Body Alignment Is Off. Pt Is Working To Help Her With This . The Only Problem Now Is She Needs To Wear A Lift In Her Left Shoe. Her Hips Are Uneven By 1 Cm. I'm Hoping This Will Help Her With The Problem Climbing The Stairs.
    He Did An Xray With The Lift And The Lumbar Curve Went From 40 To 30 Degrees Wow What A Different. Hopefully This Lift And Wearing The Brace Will Continue To Make The Degree Of Her Lumbar Improve As She Grows. Her Risser Has Not Changed And Shes Still Pre Menarche.
    Theresa
    THERESA

hi theresa
    glad to hear the appointment went well. I'm sure the lifting of some restrictions made her day. She can now enjoy the rest of the summer and swim. Did she have to wear a lift before her surgery or is this something that has occured since her surgery? That is awesome though that with the lift her curve went down so much and i bet that will help with the stairs.
    It took a while for my nicole's risser to finally move. She was "0" and "1" for so long and now she is finally almost done with her growth. I think the last check up it was "4".
    Jennifer

Comment

Hi Jennifer
      She Needs The Lift Since Having The Surgery. I Couldn't Believe How The Lift Made It Come Down. We Changed Physical Therapies About Two Weeks Ago And The Pt Told Me She Was Very Unbalance From The Hips. My Kid Is So Funny Dr Boachie Ask About Her Period. She Said Before I Could Say No, "i'm Broken" Poor Kid She Is Just Dieing For It To Happen. So Any Way Her Risser Is 1 Was 0. Looks Like The Brace Is Going To Be Around A While. Just Hoping The Lift Will Change Her Alignment She Has Alot Of Flexbility. Did Nicole Go To Disney Yet I'm Taking My Nicole In Dec. It Took Your Nicole A Long Time For Her Risser To Go Up When Did She Get Her Period. Dr. Boachie Told Me When She Gets Her Period She Will Grow For Another Two Years. Then Her Risser Will Be 5. I Guess Shes A Late Bloomer.
      Theresa
      THERESA

Comment

hi theresa
        Nicole left this morning for disney. Actually i just spoke to her from the airport she was just going to board and her plain is leaving in a few minutes. I just hope everything will be okay and she doesn't go on anything she shouldn't. I typed up a list of rides that are denifitely out for her and forgot to give it to her.
        Dr. Boachie is right about the risser. Nicole was risser "0" and finally 2 years after she started menstrating she is finally a 4 now and it's been two years. She was very irregular for a long time and now since her surgery she is getting regular with them. How is she doing with the brace?? Now about the lifts will she always have to wear them and why would that happen from the surgery the hips being unaligned?
        jennifer

Comment

Jennifer
          My Sister Is At Disney Too They Left Sunday. Don't Worry She Will Be Fine.
          Nicole Doing Ok With The Brace Hates To Wear It A Night. Ok How Do I Explain This Before Surgery She Was 58 On Top 55 On The Bottom After Surgey 19 On Top 40 On The Bottom. So Now Her Body Is Trying To Accept This. Her Bottom Cruve Is Compensatory So He Was Hoping For It To Follow The Top In Time Or As She Grows. But The Brace Isn't Pushing Her Enough She May Need To Get A New One. But It Is Holding The Curve At 40 She Tends To Lend To The Right And Her Body Has Taken On This Position Since Surgery And Thats Why Her Hips Are Uneven. So Now By Wearing A Lift In Her Left Shoe Her Boby Should Take On This New Position The Cruve Will Hopefully Change. Honestly I Didn't Even Ask If She Would Need To Use The Lift Forever. He Wants Us Back In 3 Months To See If Wearing The Lift And Brace Together Changes The Cruve And Her Position. On The Xray The Change Was 10 Degrees So I Guess We Wait And See What Happens.
          Theresa
          THERESA

Comment

hi theresa
            okay, so now i understand. I'm sure everything will work out fine. He knows what he's talking about. I know how tough it is with them wearing the brace. I feel bad for her. Especially that she had to go through the surgery and then still to have to wear a brace. Hopefully it won't be for that long. I remember when my nicole had her brace she would go in the pool alot in the summer because it was time she didn't have to wear it.
            Jennifer

Comment

Hi Theresa
              Glad to hear Nicole's check up went so well!! Hugs coming at you both. Tell Nicole starting her periods is not all it's cracked up to be and she should just make the most of it before she starts. She's just thirteen isn't she?(if I remember right which I might not given the current state of my brain). My Genevieve didn't start till she was sixteen and a half so she's not that late a bloomer!
              Lorrie

Comment

Working...
              X