Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! Im new on here!

Hi!
    Im 15 years old and was diagnosed with idiopathic scoliosis when i was 11 years old. I have a S curve and the angles of the surves are 30 degrees by 17 degrees. I am currently at a ballet school but my hopes of ever becomming a ballerina are gone beacuse of what my back looks like. It makes me upset at times but i get on with life. I was thinking the other day about surgery because i ahte the way my back looks and i cant wear some of the clothes i want to because it shows off my condition. The muscle on 1 side of my back is alot more developed than the other causing the viabiltity of the curve. I would love to hear from girls my age with scoliosis and how u cope with it, it would help me alot. Thanks x

Hi Paulasno1. My name is Ross. I'm not a girl, but I am your age, and I just wanted to welcome you! If you need anything, or just want to talk, my email addy is hard_roc_child08@hotmail.com

Take care! Ross
    Matt

Rod Removal Surgery 2/4/2008
    www.myspace.com/ross40728
    Had surgery on 9/20/04
    81* Scheuermann's Disease
    40* Left Thoracic Scoliosis
    U Rod Inserted
    Fused from T2-L3

Comment

You might also want to check out spinekids.. http://www.spinekids.com/ There are a lot of girls your age on there (and some guys!) I wish I knew about that site when I was diagnosed but it may not have existed back then.

Welcome to NSF! It's a great place to share and ask questions. I don't know what I'd do without this place!
      Age 28
      diagnosed at age 12
      wore a boston brace until age 14
      No surgery, was on "wait and watch" till recently. Got a SpineCor (Jan 27th) to help ease the pain.
      T-curve 73 degrees with severe rotation (curves to the right)
      L-curve 45 degrees with slightly less severe rotation than my T-curve (curves to the left)

1994 - 5'10" - T-?/L-? (i forget what they really were)
      2006 - 5' 4" - T-56/L-40
      2008/09 - 5' 4" - T-73/L-45

Comment

Thanks u guys, will have a look at that site!

Comment

Working...
        X