disney world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi theresa
    that is so funny that it was your daughter who wrote to me. I'll have to go back there and look at it again. I don't remember if i saw her message. I like this one because you get an e-mail when someone replies, on spinekids you don't. But i posted here about disney and then i figured i'd post there also.
    how is she doing with the brace? It must be hard with the weather getting hot. Our appointments are only a few weeks apart, it would be funny if you, susanna and i had appointments the same day and one time and met in the office.
    talk to you soon
    jennifer

Comment

hi marylou
      good luck at the appointment and i hope he lifts some restrictions for her. It must be hard on her. I am sure he will. Let me know how he goes and what he says i am very curious. Nicole is allowed to ride the school bus but i am still driving her back and forth. I figured i would for the rest of the year, it's almost over already and those buses are so bumpy.
      Jennifer

Comment

Hi Jennifer
        Well She Not Doing Good With The Brace At Night Driving Me Crazy And I'm Not Getting Much Sleep She Cries Ands Moans I Can't Breath. So It Takes About 3 Times Of Taking It Off Fixing The Pillows Then I Give Up And I Take It Off. I'm Just So Weak And Worn Out About The Whole Brace Thing Surgery Was Enough To Deal With. I Really Don't Know What I'm Going To Do. She Needs To Wear It Or She Will Have To Have Surgery Again. I'm Thinking I Should Of Let Them Do The Whole Spine But Boachie Felt Bracing Will Work. So Now I'm Trying To Get Her In It At Night. She Wears It All Day And Yes This Week It's Been Hot. Shes In School Part Time Her Last Day Is Friday. Everyone Has Been Great At School And Thank God She A Smart Kid. The Only Other Problem I'm Having Is The Stairs She Can Go Up And Down But She Is In Alot Of Pain Doing Stairs.
        Well Thanks For Listerning
        Theresa
        THERESA

Comment

hi theresa
          i certainly can feel for you. Did she have to wear a brace before surgery? My nicole did and what i went through with that. She refused to wear it and only would wear it finally to sleep. You don't know what we went through trying to get her to wear it. We had so many battles in the beginning of bracing. It was tough on everyone in my house. I feel bad. At least she is wearing it during the day. All you can do is hope that it will be enough. Does boachie know that she is giving you a hard time and how long will she have to wear it for?
          also while i'm writing to you i have a question. The family that my nicole may be going to disney with said they go to blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon, now i'm thinking nicole maybe shouldn't go aren't those wave parks, which i don't think she would be allowed to do? Do you know anything about those parks?
          jennifer

Comment

HI JENNIFER
            I SPOKE TO THE NURSE ABOUT IT AND SHE TOLD ME YOU HAVE TO GET HER TO WEAR IT. I JUST FELT.... OK I KNOW THIS SORRY TO CALL AGAIN WITH ANOTHER ???. ANYWAY I 'M WORKING ON A NEW WAY OF GETTING HER TO WEAR IT. SHE WANTS TO GO OVER A FRIENDS HOUSE THIS WEEKEND SO I 'M USING THIS AND HOPEFULLY IT WORKS. I TOLD HER IF YOU WEAR YOUR BRACE ALL NIGHT YOU CAN GO. SHE DID WEAR A BRACE FOR TWO YEARS AND SHE DID SLEEP IN IT. SHE WANT FROM 12 HRS FOR SIX MONTHS 18 HRS FOR 6 MONTHS AND A YEAR 23 HRS. BUT SHE ALSO DIDN'T HAVE THE SURGERY WOWS TO DEAL WITH AND THIS BRACE IS HALF THE SIZE THEN THE OTHER ONE. IF I DON'T GET HER IN IT BY NEXT WEEK I'M GOING TO ASK TO SPEAK TO THE DOC.

OK DISNEYWORLD I WILL EMAIL A SITE WITH PICTURES MAPS ABOUT THE RIDES ETC ETC.
            BLIZZARD BEACH AND TYPHOON LAGOON WELL THESE ARE HUGE WATER PARKS WITH WAVE POOLS, SPEED SLIDES, RIVER RAFE RIDES WITH LARGE DROPS INTO POOLS OF WATER. I WOULD NOT LET MY NICOLE GO THERE. I THINK SHE MAY HURT HER BACK. JUST LOOK AT THE PICTURES I SENT YOU. BUT THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER THINGS TO DO. SOMETIMES WE NEVER GET A CHANCE TO HIT THE WATER PARKS AND WE ARE THERE FOR 10 DAYS. LET ME NOW WHAT YOU THINK.
            THERESA
            THERESA

Comment

Jennifer,

Wow, things just keep getting more and more complicated for you. One thing's for sure, we are all learning a lot through your experience! I've been to both water parks you mentioned in Disney. I'll look back over some pictures, etc. and see what things I would suggest avoiding. How many days are they planning on being in Disney? Like someone else said, even in 10 days, you can't do everything. We always go for 10 days and have to plan ahead of time which activities we want to do the most and never get to go to all of the parks on the same trip. Is there any way you could help plan this trip? Maybe do your research and pick the parks they go to? Good luck with this decision.

Mary Lou

Comment

theresa
                thank you so much for those links. They were great and i see what you mean about those water parks. I don't know if i'm going to let her go. I don't want to ruin the families time and i feel like why should they have to suffer and not do the things they want to do because of my nicole. I'm trying to explain to nicole that it wouldn't be fair to them, but of course she still wants to go. This is tough.
                About the brace. Of course it's easy for the nurse to say get her to wear it. She's not the one that has to deal with it. It's always easier for someone else to say that. And don't feel bad about calling them alot. I do too, but it's their job and lately with things nicole wants to do now i have been calling Lindy at least once a week and i always say to her to sorry to be calling again with another question. I'm suprised she won't wear it to sleep since she always wore a brace. I guess it really bothers her. I feel bad for her. It is certainly hard enough to get this surgery and then still need the brace after. I was so worried that after nicole's surgery that she would need a brace because if she would not wear it before her surgery i didn't know how i would get her to wear one after.
                let me know how it goes this weekend with the sleepover if you get her to wear it and thanks again for the infor on disney. I really appreciate it.
                Jennifer

Comment

hi marylou
                  Yes this is getting more complicated. Like i said to theresa i don't want to ruin their family fun. I feel like i keep saying to them she can't do this, she can't do that. I'm surprised they even want to bring her. I just don't want nicole to spoil it for everyone else.
                  Write me after you appointment today.
                  Jennifer

Comment

Jenn
                    I Would Like Her Go. The Days The Family Goes To The Water Park Her And Her Friend Can Hang Around The Hotel Pool Just Relax Or They Can Go To The Water Park People Watch Hang Out By The Beach.they Also Have Miniature Golf At Blizzard Beach. If They Stay At A Disney Hotel And Use The Buses To Go From Park To Park The Girls Can Go To Another Park And Meet Up Later On. Its A Safe Place To Be And They Are Old Enough. While Whatever You Decide
                    Talk It Over With Her Friends Mom. I Don't Think She Would Ruin The Families Time There.
                    Theresa
                    THERESA

Comment

Marylou
                      Hope All Goes Well Today. Six Months Can't Wait To Get There. Nicoles Still Has A While To Go. This Summer Is Going To Be Tough For Her She Is Only Allowed To Walk In The Pool. We Have A Pool In Our Backyard And We Didn't Even Take The Cover Off Yet.this Weekend I'm Going To Open It Maybe The Walking Will Be Good For Her.
                      THERESA

Comment

theresa
                        thanks again for your suggestions. I'll let you know what i decide when i talk to her friends mom. No swimming for your nicole yet?? When would she be allowed to do that at how many months?
                        you've been a great help with this whole disney thing.
                        Jen

Comment

Jenn
                          Hi Your Welcome Glad To Help. Everyone I Know Says I Should Work At Disneyworld. I Guess When We Go See Him In Aug. He Will Let Us Know. He Told Us She Can Walk Around The Pool At 4 Months So That Means July 30 She Will Be Allowed In The Pool Wow This Is Going To Be Hard For Her And Us. We Just Got This Pool Last Year Its A Nice Size Pool 18x30 Great To Do Laps In. I'm Not Blowing Up Any Floats Up Snice She Won't Be Able To Use Them. And I Honestly Don't Know About Letting Her Friends In They Can Get Alittle Wild. Maybe Just One At A Time. Hopefully The Summer Goes By Fast Its Going To Be Tough To Keep Her Busy.
                          Theresa
                          THERESA

Comment

hi theresa
                            yes it will be tough on her, but at least in july she will be able to swim alittle. I am nervous even still about if there is a bunch of kids in our pool (above ground) i don't want anyone kicking into nicole. After nicole's year is up i know i will still be nervous about things she does. What is nicole's bottom curve at since the surgery?
                            Jennifer

Comment

Jenn It Was 55 Before Now Its 40 He Was Hoping To Get Down To 35 Hopefully This Brace Helps And It Stops Going.
                              Theresa
                              THERESA

Comment

hi pat
                                Hoping you see this post and just wondering if you guys are back from disney yet. I would love for you to tell me how disney went. If you get a chance let me know all about it and how she did.
                                thanks
                                Jennifer

Comment

Working...
                                X