No announcement yet.

Stressed out Moms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theresa, my daughter is so comfortable with her brace now after over a year, she hates, and I mean HATES to go without it. We invested in body socks near the beginning, about $40 each, I think, that we special ordered through the brace company. She also cleans it every morning with alcohol. At first, we returned a few times to get the brace adjusted. She told the technician where it rubbed her, etc., and they were able to add padding or expand the areas where it needed it for comfort. Part of the reason she is so diligent now, though, is because she said her back hurts without it. You may want to see if the company can adjust it where it actually rubs her badly. Good luck, Kris

Comment

Kris,

Did you know there is a website, I think it is called Boston T's, or something like that, where you can order the stockings for under your daughter's brace for about $20-$22?

Mary Lou

Comment

Mary Lou, I wonder if that is the site where I investigated a year ago? As far as I know, there are 2 companies that sell these body socks, at least only 2 on the net. The other one makes theirs a little different, and I ended up deciding on the one she wears. It was something about the material used or the thickness or something that made me decide on the brand she uses. That is worth a look, though, when I return to my computer. I have to get to the store for cereal now before my 3 teenagers wake up and complain I still haven't done any dreadful shopping! Thanks for the tip. I'll see and maybe my comparison will help those who continue needing body socks. My daughter now has like 5 socks, and after surgery, I assume we won't have to buy more, since hopefully this time next year she will be completely out of braces on her body, and ready for braces on her teeth instead! Yes, pun intended. She just had her last baby tooth pulled this week, and is ready to not have her teeth give her difficulty in spine surgery this summer. Kris

Comment

Mary Lou, I just did a search on Boston t's on the net. It pulled up several NSF forum emails, including a statement by someone regarding Boston t's. They said basically that Boston t's are thick and hot. I am not sure what they are comparing them to. I couldn't find the actual site for the company, just the comments on NSF. I forget the brand my daughter wears. $20 sounds good, if people like that body sock, especially for those who don't live in hotter climates like me. Thanks, still interested in figuring out about that company, for others anyway. Kris

Comment

Hi Kris,

When Jamie got her first brace, we were given one thick stocking to wear under the brace. I asked if we could have at least two and we were told they were very expensive and our insurance wouldn't pay for more than one. That's when I started researching places to buy other stockings. We never did order any from the website. I'll check around and see if I can find the website again for other who may need it.

I sat here and laughed at your comments about braces on your daughter's teeth. Jamie has her first appointment with the orthodontist next week. We had really planned on doing braces some time ago, but then we got busy with back braces and that seemed to be a priority at the time. Then she was told she needed surgery and she said there was no way she was going to deal with braces on her teeth and surgery at the same time! She could have dealt with both, but the truth is, she was so tired of seeing doctors all the time, she just didn't want to add orthodontist appointments on top of doctor appts., adjustments to her back brace, p.t., etc.

I've told Jamie now that she's had her surgery, braces on her teeth will be a walk in the park for her!

Mary Lou

Comment

Nikki
              Hi I Know It Will Get Better In Time. She Is Getting The Sore Were The Pad Is. Which Is Very Close To The Incison About 2 Inches Away. She Is Sore Around The Site Of Her Incision Sometimes I Will Gentle Run My Finger Down The Edge Of The Incision With Anti Ich Cream She Complains That It Is Ichy. When I Do This She Says Its Hurts I Don't Even Rub The Lotion Into The Skin Because It Hurts That Bad. I Have Used Alcohol Before She Wore A Brace Before Surgery For 2 Years. Never Had To Deal With The Incision In The Brace Before.
              Theresa

Kris
              Nicole Had Surgery On March 30 So Its Been About 4 Days Wearing This New Brace. She Had A Lot Of Pain With Her Surgery. Her Incision Is Still Sore So Putting The Brace On Is Kind Of Bothering Her Incision. I Have All Differ Tpyes Of T- Shirts She Has Been Wearing The Thick Boston T Shirt. Maybe I Will Try A Regular Hanes Today.
              Thanks Theresa

Mary Lou
              Wishing You A
              Happy Birthday
              THERESA

Comment

Theresa,

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Have you tried letting your daughter wear a camisole(?) under her brace? We know a girl who has been wearing her brace for years and that is all she will wear under her brace. The gentleman who makes her brace does not like her wearing them, but that is what she found most comfortable.

Mary Lou

Comment

Working...
                X