Try this....I'm curious as to the results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jennifer,

Sorry, maybe I should have said bend your thumb down towards your arm? You need to bend your wrist in its natural direction towards the inside of your arm. Bend your wrist and with your other hand, apply pressure to your thumb and see if your thumb touches your arm.

CMT-Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease/condition- is a condition that runs in my husband's family. Usually the limbs are most affected. His mother for example, has no feeling in her feet, hands and fingers. She has what is called "drop foot" since the muscles in her legs are weakend, her feet just sort of slap the floor. Since CMT affects the muscles, there is a chance that the muscles in Jamie's back were affected. If you go to some of the website and look up CMT, sometimes you will find Scoliosis listed as a rare side effect of CMT, but Jamie's doctor says it really isn't that rare to see CMT and Scoliosis. Hope that helps.

Mary Lou

Comment

Hey Mary Lou,

I can't do it also.
      Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
      Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
      Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
      Fused T2 to sacrum
      June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
      MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

hi marylou
        now i understand! Thanks for re-explaining it. I couldn't do it and i have scoliosis. Nicole isn't home now i'll see later if she could. I can't imagine anyones thumb being able to reach. I guess you have to have either a long thumb or be really flexible. My two other kids couldn't do it either.
        Jennifer

Comment

i cant do the thumb thing... my sis can and she has the smallest curve (its like 2 degrees)
          *ANGIE* 14-15 y/o
          had operation in september 2004
          a rod was put in:T10-L3
          My curve was 50* & is now 7*
          "All that glitters is not always gold & diamonds in the rough do not always shine"

Comment

i can do it! i feel so special!! i have always thought that my dad has scoliosis but he says he doesnt and with this experiment, i proved him wrong! he could do it too! my mom and my uncle [who dont have scoliosis] cant do it.
            aura
            ¢¾ aura ¢¾

Comment

Working...
            X