Pe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by princessD
    I have PE right now and i am always nervous in the locker room. I don't want anyone to see my brace. When people see it they look at me weird and say"What happened to you" i always get embaresed.Does anyone have any tips for the locker room?

Hey,
    I have a TLSO brace and I wear mine on the outside of my clothes. I think that scoliosis makes you differnt and you shouldn't be a shamed of your brace. I was in the begining, if your popular don't worry about it. I was really worried that people would make fun of me but after I explained to them what scoliosis was and that I hated wearing baggy clothes they totally understood. It doesn't make you different at all your still you

Comment

scoliosis rox

Yeah if you have scoli u rock cuz ur dirrernt!!!!!!!! And if u have surgery its even cooler!!!! Lol

Comment

Scoliosiscutie-my youngest daughter wears a brace. She wears her on the outside of her clothes too. She actually finds people aren't afraid to ask and she doesn't get teased about it either, because she isn't trying to hide it with baggy clothes.

Comment

Theres no reason to hide it because we're cool like tht!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scoliosiscutie
            Theres no reason to hide it because we're cool like tht!!!!
            wow your brave to wear it outside of your cloths i wish i had the courage to do that

Comment

smile

i didnt have to wear a brace, but instead i wore a plastic jacket thingy for three months. when i went back to school people thought i had put on weight because my clothes stretched over it and it looked like i was really big or something. after a while i explained to people what it was and i knocked on my chest and made tarzan noises!!
              i think the only thing you can do is to laugh about it yourself, theres absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, and if people have a problem, just remember its them with the problem, not you!!!
              chin up!!
              hope you are ok.
              if you need to chat you can email me: sheenathakrar7@hotmail.com
              byes
              sheena xxxx

Comment

mates

i think that mates are the most important thing in the healing process. they were the only ones who reslly really helped me, they kept conversations normal and acted like i was the same old sheena. my parents insited on treated me like an invalid and kept out for me, but if i didnt have my mates come to the hospital or to my house or something then i would have found it alot worse.
                keep smiling
                sheena xx

Comment

Working...
                X