No announcement yet.

Torso Rotation Strength Training for Scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you really just cite a patent *application* as proof of something?
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Comment

• patent

txmarinemom

You realize that Dr. Moreau is about to release an FDA approved blood test based on this and other work right?

Press Release (03/12/2008): Dr. Moreau Inaugurates The Viscogliosi Molecular Genetics Laboratory of Musculoskeletal Disorders
      Last edited by Dingo; 12-06-2009, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dingo View Post
        txmarinemom

You realize that Dr. Moreau is about to release an FDA approved blood test based on this and other work right?

Press Release (03/12/2008): Dr. Moreau Inaugurates The Viscogliosi Molecular Genetics Laboratory of Musculoskeletal Disorders
        Did you really just cite a press release?

VIEW MY X-RAYS
        EMAIL ME

Comment

I think bracing does help. I assume the reason it fails so often is because kids for completely understandable reasons don't want to wear their brace.

In Dr. Moreau's Scoliosis patent he shows that bracing lowers Osteopontin levels. I assume that Osteopontin is a marker for inflammation. Pushing the spine back towards zero degrees reduces the inflammation.

Surgically treated children also showed a dropoff in OPN.
          Intersting stuff Dingo! Think you will like this study I found out of the UK that mentions a bit of OPN (and Moreau's work):

http://www.scoliosisjournal.com/content/4/1/24
          Last edited by mamamax; 12-07-2009, 04:58 AM.

Comment

• Pam!

Patents and press releases are VERY SIGNIFICANT as we can see by the history of patent applications and press releases.

And don't bother with trying to actually get your arms a round this, something that arguably would take months and months. Just pick out what appeals to you aesthetically, if not randomly, in this field.

Sometimes you are so silly Pam!
            Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
            Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

• Dingo -

Just read this release - wow ... this is going to be something to watch. Once again - Go Canada!

Comment

• asymmetry

Mamamax

Thanks for the study link! As per usual the topic of asymmetry comes up.

The autonomic component of this double neuro-osseous theory for AIS pathogenesis in girls involves selectively increased sensitivity of the hypothalamus to circulating leptin (genetically-determined up-regulation possibly involving inhibitory or sensitizing intracellular molecules, such as SOC3, PTP-1B and SH2B1 respectively), with asymmetry as an adverse response (hormesis); this asymmetry is routed bilaterally via the sympathetic nervous system to the growing axial skeleton where it may initiate the scoliosis deformity (leptin-hypothalamic-sympathetic nervous system concept = LHS concept).
                BTW this is from the press release

It should be remembered that in 2006 Dr. Alain Moreau made a major breakthrough in the field by developing the first diagnostic test for the early screening of scoliosis as well as for the extent to which the disease will develop. The clinical validation of the tests, which started in 2006, will finish in 2008. The tests are due to hit the market in 2009.
                LindaRacine indicated that Dr. Moreau had made some sort of announcement recently so maybe the release date for the test is approaching. Here is the thread on that.
                Last edited by Dingo; 12-07-2009, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
                  Pam!

Patents and press releases are VERY SIGNIFICANT as we can see by the history of patent applications and press releases.

And don't bother with trying to actually get your arms a round this, something that arguably would take months and months. Just pick out what appeals to you aesthetically, if not randomly, in this field.

Sometimes you are so silly Pam!
                  How embarrassing I questioned the significance of this VERY SIGNIFICANT significance!

I'm really (no, really) trying to be sincere in my VERY SIGNIFICANT chagrin - only I can't stop giggling.

This is significantly funny stuff.

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                  EMAIL ME

Comment

• moderated

This has got to be the worst moderated health group of all time. I think that's why it attracted half a dozen wingnuts. The same posters control their comments on other boards because they know the moderator will put them in their place.
                    Last edited by Dingo; 12-07-2009, 12:44 PM.

Comment

This has got to be the worst moderated health group of all time. I think that's why it attracted half a dozen wingnuts. The same posters control their comments on other boards because they know the moderator will put them in their place.
                      Your posting is reckless and disregards the other posters who are new and don't know you are a lay, untrained parent posting scientifically ignorant opinions as fact.

You don't know what you don't know. Others have tried to tell you this but you ignore it.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• Did anyone actually read this press release?

It is a MOLECULAR (not infectious deisease) lab looking at the genetics of scolisois.

Some relevant quotes (emphasis added):

In fact, his activities in the field of genomics are going to lead to a type of medicine that is adapted to a patient's genetic profile in order to deliver a targeted therapeutic response tailored to an individual's health problems."
                        and

On average, 30% of children whose parents suffer from scoliosis will themselves later develop the disease.
                        Anyone following along will know immediately that Dingo "knows" these things to be false.

Now either Moreau is a genius or hopelessly uniformed. Which is it? Can't have it both ways.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

LindaRacine indicated that Dr. Moreau had made some sort of announcement recently so maybe the release date for the test is approaching. Here is the thread on that.
                          I missed that Dingo - thanks for the link. You know I think we will see Dr. Moreau making some significant contributions to many things.

More and more my imagination carries me away - maybe one day, a vaccination to prevent AIS. It is not beyond the realm of reality, given the technology we have today. Fifty years from now I do hope we have a whole different ball game.

Comment

Your posting is reckless and disregards the other posters who are new and don't know you are a lay, untrained parent posting scientifically ignorant opinions as fact.

You don't know what you don't know. Others have tried to tell you this but you ignore it.
                            Is the pot calling the kettle black?

Comment

• Originally posted by mamamax View Post
                              Is the pot calling the kettle black?
                              Is the third party able to follow along?

How many non-bunnies in molecular biology, neuroendocrine, etc. do you suppose post to this group?

And by the way, that article you posted QUESTIONED if not DOUBTED Moreau's hypothesis. Did you realize that? That's going to make Dingo again question the moderation.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Is the third party able to follow along?

How many non-bunnies in molecular biology, neuroendocrine, etc. do you suppose post to this group?

And by the way, that article you posted QUESTIONED if not DOUBTED Moreau's hypothesis. Did you realize that? That's going to make Dingo again question the moderation.
                                ok - I'm about to nominate this thread of the week (haven't decided which category). Yes the third party is able to follow along - is this the party to whom I'm speaking?

Listen we shouldn't be so juvenile (no offense to any juveniles out there).

Lori Dolan would like to come to town, maybe we should be better behaved.

Dingo understands me bty - his postings spark my imagination.

Comment

Working...
                                X